Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Splice christmas lights into a patio light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splice christmas lights into a patio light?

I have purchased these lights for my back patio area to go around my outdoor kitchen and dinning area.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/DHMAAOxywh1S~QCb/$_12.JPG

thing is, i dont really have an outlet or way to plug them in where they are hung without running an extension cord or adding a new outlet, etc. And since Im really not an electrician at all, Id like to do this as simple as possible.

Here is my thought, but not sure if its possible and if so, whats needed....

so my back patio already has a patio flood light that is hard wired to a on/off switch inside my house. Is there a way to wire these string patio lights into my flood light, so that both the flood light and the patio string lighting comes on when I flip the switch?

yeah, jsut splice it into the wiring right before the flood light.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

They make adapters that have outlets in them that screw directly into the light... The bulb then screws into the adapter

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by thomasblively View Post
          They make adapters that have outlets in them that screw directly into the light... The bulb then screws into the adapter
          Shhhh... I want to hear about someone getting hurt.

Comment

you guys rock, thats why i asked before i killed myself. haha, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Shhhh... I want to hear about someone getting hurt.
              Some people just want to kill our fun.

Comment

Working...
              X