Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing out outside faucet bib whats my next step?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing out outside faucet bib whats my next step?

Watched a bunch of videos to fix a water leak since this thing is copper and soldered on which I have no idea how to take off.

So just going to change out the rubber, down to this part and nothing else is budging

So managed to screw myself again cut the copper out put one of those quick connect things on there and its leaking. Probably because it doesn't have the space since the builder put the copper to the limit.

Comment

fixed by going thru drywall yay.

found out the copper line has been repaired more than twice. sweet.

Comment

I always wonder why they don't make quality spigots. They all seem to leak at some point. Two years ago, I had a new one installed by Lasiter & Lasiter and it leaks from the top when I open it. Fortunately it doesn't leak a drop when I have it closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          I always wonder why they don't make quality spigots. They all seem to leak at some point. Two years ago, I had a new one installed by Lasiter & Lasiter and it leaks from the top when I open it. Fortunately it doesn't leak a drop when I have it closed.
          Ya the one I had leaked enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket in half an hour. Went to home depot and even the heavy duty ones seemed flimsy.

Comment

O rings dry and leak. I inspect and lube the ones i dont often use.

Ive never had to replace one.

Comment

If you don't know how to solder, it's worth at least learning how to do it in case you ever find yourself in a situation like this.

As for bibs leaking, who knows. I always try to find valves made in the USA and not some chinese shit. I also suspect that most bibs are essentially the old style gate valves. If you could find one that's a ball valve similar to what you can buy now for 1/2" pipes inside the home, you might be able to eliminate that.

Comment

Working...
              X