Cabinet style fridge doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabinet style fridge doors

How much would something like this cost?
    http://www.houzz.com/photos/cabinet-...tor-doors-/p/8
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

$6,000+

Comment

Doesnt look to me like it would be all that hard to rig up yourself. ive become a bit of a woodworker though
      WH

Comment

If you're not doing it yourself...way up there like Jeff said.

I would like to think I could do that for about 300 myself, but I've started to collect a lot of tools and have done a fair amount of wood working around the house building furniture and stuff.

Many fridges also don't have flat faces. Doing it on a standard best but fridge may look silly.

Comment

Most of them stick out too far too. Youd have to get creative to overcome a few obstacles. It would be an interesting challenge. Depending on where it is located you might be able to recess the fridge a bit and then get the woodwork on the front right and have it compensate and be flat. MAYBE

I know I could get the front flat but in my case it would be pointless because i couldnt recess to get the front to line up with the cabinets. If you were about to upgrade or redo your cabinets, you would have more options available to you
          WH

Comment

I love doing woodworking projects like this just to see what I can do, but I think trying to do this with an average refrigerator would be tough and would likely end up looking cobbled together. How would you mount the panels to a regular refrigerator? If you are buying a new refrigerator you can buy them with mounting brackets on the front for this purpose.

One think I didn't see mentioned above - you have to think about your current cabinet door style. If you have classic raised panel doors you will with have to buy matching or close ones or try to make them yourself. Contemporary square ones would likely be a lot easier.
            Last edited by slow06; 09-22-2014, 07:43 AM.
            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The wife is really set on just a plain french door stainless fridge, so this is out.. Sad, I thought it looked awesome!
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Working...
              X