Bad smelling faucet water....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad smelling faucet water....

We have our own well that we get receive water from. We have a water softener and filter on it also.

We recently remodeled our master bathroom. The two vanity sinnk faucets right when you turn them on have a terrible odor to them. Then 5 seconds later, it is normal and odorless again! No other faucets have the smell, not the shower off the same line, not the back outdoor faucet off the same pipe. So I am confused as to why only these two are affected and also how to fix the problema?

where do the vents go from the faucets that smell?

Comment

Like a bad taste smell?
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

A friend of mine had that issue, got one of these tanks for the well to pump into and then it is fed to the house, no more smell..
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          where do the vents go from the faucets that smell?
          The bathroom is the closest room to the septic system entry point. Why would the faucet water smell from that though? I understand the P traps and all but isnt the pressure side of a water system self contained? Weird to me it is only those two faucets

Comment

It sounds to me like you have a sediment buildup in the lines to those 2 sinks... I had the same issue recently. Especially if you have an older house with some copper pipe still

Comment

Sediment buildup. Happened at the mil lake house. Looked and smelt horrible.

Comment

Yup, it's doodoo baby.
                Ded

Comment

Its an issue with the rubber lined hosed connecting the faucet. I have the same issue. I have only changed the one to the fridge. I went from an expensive steel braided to a cheap plastic and fridge water smell is gone.
                  Last edited by fordracing19; 10-16-2014, 07:08 AM.
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

so i should change out from the wall fixture to the sink faucet line?

Comment

Yes with a poly line.
                      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Blame fracking.

Comment

Working...
                        X