Finally sick of my Crapsman weed whacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally sick of my Crapsman weed whacker

Errrr, I mean Craftsman, but I've finally had it! Worked good for several years, then the center where it pivots to edge the line down the sidewalk started to expand, so it no longer will hold in place. It has probably 8 inches of play at the cutting head, seriously, it fucken moves all over the place!

So, I'm thinking of going with a good Husqvarna brand, saw a nice 4 stroke on Amazon with free shipping, but it is $320! It has good reviews tho, so I'll compare it to some others, but I'm liking it. Anyone have any reason to/not to get this one?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Husqvarna-4-Stroke-Straight-Trimmer-17-Inch/dp/B004Q0QVCQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1417300481&sr=1-1&keywords=Husqvarna+224L+25cc+4-Stroke[/ame]

You could have Jesus now your lawn for like... A year for that price.

Comment

I love my Stihl

Comment

Speaking of 4 stroke lawn equipment, where can one find non ethanol fuel in the Keller/Ft Worth area? I don't think I've ever really looked, but am pretty sure where I buy gas for my vehicles, they all say something like 10 - 15% ethanol is in it.

Well, looks like I'm SOL in the DF Dub area, but I'll get some Stabil or whatever it's called from Home Depot.
        Last edited by yellowstang; 11-29-2014, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I spent about that much on my stihl and I love it fs90r I would suggest checking them out.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
            Speaking of 4 stroke lawn equipment, where can one find non ethanol fuel in the Keller/Ft Worth area? I don't think I've ever really looked, but am pretty sure where I buy gas for my vehicles, they all say something like 10 - 15% ethanol is in it.

Well, looks like I'm SOL in the DF Dub area, but I'll get some Stabil or whatever it's called from Home Depot.
            You are probably thinking TruFuel ... (they sell several different mixes)
            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
              You are probably thinking TruFuel ... (they sell several different mixes)
              http://www.homedepot.com/p/TRUSOUTH-...5638/202532877
              If it were a 2 stroke, then TruSouth would be good, but on a 4 stroke, it would smoke a bit!

Stabil helps get the moisture out of fuel while it sits.

Comment

Another vote for Stihl. You likely won't ever have to buy another.

Any particular reason you are leaning 4 stroke?
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I've got a troybuilt 4 stroke that has given me no fits. i pulled it out after ~4 months of sitting - with fuel in it - and fired right over.

mixing gas for 2 strokes is for the birds. the only 2 stroke tool i own anymore is my chainsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post

Pure-gas.org is the definitive web site listing stations that sell pure gasoline in the U.S. and Canada.

Gainesville is the closest I think. I bought some last week there for $2.64/gallon.

Comment

Stihl weed eater, blower and edger. Here's a map of where you can by pure gas http://pure-gas.org/extensions/map.html. I buy a couple of gallons, put stabil in it and mix.

I normally just plan ahead for when I go to these areas and take a few gas cans because of my dirt bike.

Beat by a fast ford!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Another vote for Stihl. You likely won't ever have to buy another.

Any particular reason you are leaning 4 stroke?
                        /Thread

I have the Stihl Kombi system (or however they spell it). I have the string trimmer, the metal cutting blade, the edger, and the blower. Most of the attachments and the motor are about a decade old and they run like a champ. I've replaced the carb on it once (like $30) and rebuilt it one other time ($18). Use Sta-bil and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                          mixing gas for 2 strokes is for the birds.
                          I guess I just don't see it as an inconvenience. I'm already mixing it for chain saws, dirtbikes, my lawn mower is a 2 stroke, etc. Though the hand tools and bikes use a different mix, it's not a big deal.

If you don't mind mixing, Stihl really is the only way to go IMO.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Makes sense. I purposely bought 4 stroke everything because I hate having to keep different cans around for different tools. Now I have a big race can for everything, then a small 1 gal for my chainsaw.

Comment

I agree...go for Stihl.

Comment

Working...
                              X