Garage lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    so funny, i jsut this weekend took down the single one bulb light socket and wired in an outlet and ran 2 4ft florescents from lowes. $17/ea. between those 2 4 footers the 2 100w bulbs in the garage door opener, and the maybe 2 ft floresent on my cheap little workbench its plenty of light.

while i was at it i added a dusk till dawn sensor on the halogen i have on the driveway. so im pretty much a licensed journeyman electrician at this point.

god bless.
    Too good to pass up

Comment

Anyone installed those Costco lights? If so how'd you like them?

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
        Anyone installed those Costco lights? If so how'd you like them?
        works great 4 of them are perfect for my 2 car garage.

Comment

I finally put up a new fixture. I went cheap for now. A single 4' 2 bulb flourescent T-8 fixture. It made a world of difference. I mounted it in the same spot as the gum ball fixture. Behind the garage door opener rinning left to right. I will eventually move it and run one on each side of the opener running front to back.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I put 4 of those LED's from Costco above the workbenches in my shop, and I love them! They can be hung or mounted...I made some custom mounts for them so that they extend out about 1.5' off of the 7' purlin on my back wall, and I wired them up on 2 separate switch zones. With all 4 on it's bright enough to do surgery.
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Pics!
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

This is at night with just those 4 and the colored LED's turned on above....

Here's another angle with a few of the overheads on as well...you can see how bright it is by the way the picture is washed out on that back wall. It's worked out perfect having those up in front of the lift.

70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

What's up with the blue lights? I'm pretty jealous of your garage space holmes, that shit's nice!

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                    What's up with the blue lights? I'm pretty jealous of your garage space holmes, that shit's nice!
                    Thanks man! It's finally getting where I want it...it's been a long time coming for sure.

Those blue lights up top are just LED strips...I ran them facing up on the bottom side of that top channel. They have a wireless remote...change colors solid or multi, and they'll even do a little light show for those times when we crank up some Motown or Rick James.
                    70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Only thing missing is a pole and a steady stream of bad 80's rock.

and the girls

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                        Thanks man! It's finally getting where I want it...it's been a long time coming for sure.

Those blue lights up top are just LED strips...I ran them facing up on the bottom side of that top channel. They have a wireless remote...change colors solid or multi, and they'll even do a little light show for those times when we crank up some Motown or Rick James.
                        Monica!

Comment

Rreemo what's the story in the fox...?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion on the shop lights. I was just shopping for lighting options for the garage in the new house. Who puts 1 light fixture in a garage? The previous owners of my house do. 1 bulb won't cut it.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                              Thanks for the suggestion on the shop lights. I was just shopping for lighting options for the garage in the new house. Who puts 1 light fixture in a garage? The previous owners of my house do. 1 bulb won't cut it.
                              my garage (well junk storage are right now) only has one single bulb in the middle. The few times Ive had to do anything in there, it's sucked. The garage door openers have bulbs, so I pulled the outer cover off them. It helped.

Im going to make a costco run here shortly. The garage is about to get cleaned out since the 69 will be coming home in the next few weeks.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                                my garage (well junk storage are right now) only has one single bulb in the middle. The few times Ive had to do anything in there, it's sucked. The garage door openers have bulbs, so I pulled the outer cover off them. It helped.

Im going to make a costco run here shortly. The garage is about to get cleaned out since the 69 will be coming home in the next few weeks.
                                Same here, right 1 bulb right smack dab in the middle of the the garage, right above the door opener. I need to replace the bulbs in the garage door opener and that would probably help. In addition to that, I have 1 power outlet in the garage. The previous owners definitely didn't work in this garage.
                                Originally posted by Jester
                                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                                Originally posted by Denny
                                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Working...
                                X