Custom Home Builder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Home Builder?

I am looking to build a ~2000sq ft home on a 1 acre lot, I have been working with Robbie Hale homes and I am not impressed thus far, does anyone have any suggestions for a builder? I am looking for under 200k, the land value in the areas I am looking at is around $20k per acre.

Royce City/Forney Area
    Denton Area
    Burleson Area
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

where is the 20k Denton area land?

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
      where is the 20k Denton area land?
      Ponder Justin Sanger Krum
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

It's possible to build a custom 2000sqft home on 1 acre for $200,000?

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
          You can barely get an entry level production home for that!

We are low end highland in my neighborhood and we don't build anything under $100/sq.ft right now granted that includes the lot, but our lots are relatively inexpensive.

Custom can mean a variety of things. When I think custom I think 750k+. If by custom you mean on your own land and not in a master planned community, then it may be doable if you strip the options WAY down, or have good connections at major vendors.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
            Sure not a problem.
            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                We are low end highland in my neighborhood and we don't build anything under $100/sq.ft right now granted that includes the lot, but our lots are relatively inexpensive.
                how inexpensive for the lot?

Comment

Just looked up what my tiny assed lot is valued at on the tax roll. $24k. Ive been eyeing a couple acres of land around the alvarado area for 8-10k an acre.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

We are in the same boat..
                    Been looking at Coventry Homes who does a Build on your own lot program
                    Also recently found Prominent Custom Homes from a friend..We are leaning towards these guys..

Comment

I built my house for about $96/sqft. That didn't include the lot, water well, utility power, or a driveway. I would say my home is custom. I designed everything, including the floor plan, the handsscrapped hardwood floors, big baseboards, beams in the living room, stack stone and brick (no siding). I also have a oversized garage and big porches. All three showers are tile with granite in the bathrooms as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                        how inexpensive for the lot?
                        We are under $100k I think even under $50k. I have only seen lot cost once and it has been a while. I just know that we are on the cheaper end of the highland spectrum.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Man good to see the construstion industry bounce back so strong. When my dad owned the family construction buisiness we were regularly building houses 3-4bed 2bath brick 1800-2500sq ft on half acre lots for 75-80k hell we built a friends house 3bed 2bath 1600 sq ft for $48k.

Comment

if you have the lot already, you could go as low as mid $80s/90 sq ft to build, obviously not taking into account any special needs with utilities/foundation, etc.

I'd expect for a decent home (good finish out) to be in the $100-120 sq ft price range

Comment

All the builders I work with are true custom home builders and I very seldom roof a house that is under 700k.
                              Last edited by blownaltered; 01-06-2015, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X