Fertilizer schedule... Zemog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fertilizer schedule... Zemog?

Well, its almost time to start with pre-emergent and fertilizer season is coming. My goal is to get the weeds out and have a decent yard. I have been reading a lot of information about fertilizer schedules and here are some sources:

Seems most credible but for up North. I think we need to start sooner and finish sooner due to our early heat:

April 15th - 19-0-6 Fertilizer + Dimension (90 days of Crabgrass control - wears off around July 15th)
    May 27th* - 19-0-6 Fertilizer + Dimension (90 MORE days of Crabgrass control - wears off around August 27th - doubles your protection from May 27th through July 15th)
    July 8th - 24-0-8 Fertilizer + Merit (Grub Preventative product)
    August 19th - 28-5-12 Fertilizer + Iron
    September 30th - 21-3-21 Fertilizer + Iron
    Anytime - Dolomitic Limestone applied at 50 lbs. per 1,000 sq.ft.
    People locally in Texas:
    Hello, I live in Metroplex area. I'm total beginner in the Texas gardening issue (I'm from Europe). I bought a house two months ago and now, with this really warm February, I've started to wonder when and how should I start taking care for my backyard, especially for the lawn. I have that very thic...

I had an aggie teacher tell me to fertilize at Easter, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day. He said to remember it easily, think BUNNIES, FLAG, FLAG, FLAG!
    My schedule for synthetic program would look like this..

Feb 15-March 1 - Lesco Pre-Em weed control 0-0-7

April Fool's day - Lesco 15-5-10 or 24-0-11

June 1 - 080300 - LESCO IRON PLUS 20FE 8MN 5MG 7.5S 2ZN - NOTE - Only if the lawn is fully established. This is intended to keep lawn green without growth to reduce mowing and watering during the summer. Only available at Lesco stores.

September 1 - Lesco 15-5-10 or 24-0-11
    Free Lesco fertilizer schedule:

I read back through old threads and am gathering that late Feb, early March is the first round of pre-emergent time. I plan on using Lesco Dimension (has a lot better ratings on forums than their PreM)

Zemog says when day temps are consistently 80 and lows 60s to put down first round of fertilizer. I also remember him saying he did 3 treatment of pre-emergent a year. Most pre-emergents give 90ish days of coverage.

Any suggestions? Zemog, you around? Anyone do any organic lawn care?

Here is a schedule that he sent me.

Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I need to spot spray. I have a lot of weeds showing up already. I am half tempted to solarize the back yard. I will be having it re-graded and seeded in the very near future

Comment

I hate this time of year. I always miss my opportunity and have shitty grass all year long. I procrastinate, you see.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
          I hate this time of year. I always miss my opportunity and have shitty grass all year long. I procrastinate, you see.
          This will be my first full season with this yard. We bought in May and by the time we were done remodelling, it was too late to do anything. So, here is hoping for a nice front yard

Comment

Working...
          X