home a/c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home a/c

So the time has come to replace our home ac system, i have been quoted 4k for a carrier 2.5 ton unit installled, is that a good price or am i getting screwed, just had another guy come look at the house and kept asking me what brand i wanted, he said goodman, lennon, carrier were all good units, is that true??

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

So the guy called me back with pricing for all the units, thisnis what he came back with, all come with 10year warranty and a 2year labor warranty

Carrier 3300
    Lennox 2900
    Goodman 2500
    Trane 3500

Comment

New evaporator too? I paid 4k for a 3.5 or 4 ton unit with a new 3 or 4 coil evaporator on a homeboy hook up deal , about 1500 less than what the guys from the phone book quoted.

Comment

I have a Goodman. It's 2.5 years old and the motor mounts broke on the motor because the blower wheel was out of balance. I wanted to fix this myself but Goodman won't warranty parts to the consumer. Labor ended up being about $10 less then the price of the parts if I just did it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
          I have a Goodman. It's 2.5 years old and the motor mounts broke on the motor because the blower wheel was out of balance. I wanted to fix this myself but Goodman won't warranty parts to the consumer. Labor ended up being about $10 less then the price of the parts if I just did it myself.
          That seems common with goodmans. Mine did the same thing, and my neighbors too.

Comment

How many seer? Just replaced my unit last week for $5600, but I got the tier 4 filtration system. Comes with big ass filter and silver coil and UV light bacteria killer and other shit that I don't know what is. Needed it for the wife's allergies.

Seer = money. Mine was 14 seer, upgraded from a dead 10 seer. 10 year parts and labor warranty. Also 2.5 ton
            WH

Comment

Everybody I know that bought a Goodman is sorry they bought it. Personally, when I replace ours I plan on a Carrier, Ruud, or possibly a Trane.
              "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

You couldn't give me a Goodman. Stick to Carrier, Ruud, and Trane.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Just installed a Goodman this week and also installed one in my rent house in 2009. Zero issues.
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Hit up Jyro on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      How many seer? Just replaced my unit last week for $5600, but I got the tier 4 filtration system. Comes with big ass filter and silver coil and UV light bacteria killer and other shit that I don't know what is. Needed it for the wife's allergies.

Seer = money. Mine was 14 seer, upgraded from a dead 10 seer. 10 year parts and labor warranty. Also 2.5 ton
                      He said it was a 13 seer, better than the 6 seer we currently have, he said I could do a carrier 16 seer for 3500 or a trane 16 seer for 3600, so I guess I'm going to go with one of those two, so should I go 14 seer or 16 seer on a 1100 Sq ft home with 10 ft ceilings? ?

Comment

Man, if only we had a home improvement section.......😅

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                          He said it was a 13 seer, better than the 6 seer we currently have, he said I could do a carrier 16 seer for 3500 or a trane 16 seer for 3600, so I guess I'm going to go with one of those two, so should I go 14 seer or 16 seer on a 1100 Sq ft home with 10 ft ceilings? ?
                          My guy was telling me that lower seer, but higher brand name, was actually more efficient. Sounded like salesman horseshit to me. I don't know though, could be right. I do know one thing, I'd get attic foil if I were you, and not the spray kind. Your AC won't have to do as much work if the temps up there are 30 degrees lower
                          WH

Comment

My old friend and really smart a/c guy built me a 4 turbine system at my old house. It was 4 16 inch spinners on the roof with one little small blower motor in the attic. It triggered at a certain temp and had small duct hoses going to the turbines that spun them up. He said it lowered the humidity in the house and would require me to turn up the temp from 70 to 76(IIRC) with the same cooling effect. No lie 76 would freeze you out, plus my bill dropped a 100.00 a month in the summer months. I did put in a new a/c unit but my old one was only 4 years old. It was a heat pump and junk but still not that old.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              My old friend and really smart a/c guy built me a 4 turbine system at my old house. It was 4 16 inch spinners on the roof with one little small blower motor in the attic. It triggered at a certain temp and had small duct hoses going to the turbines that spun them up. He said it lowered the humidity in the house and would require me to turn up the temp from 70 to 76(IIRC) with the same cooling effect. No lie 76 would freeze you out, plus my bill dropped a 100.00 a month in the summer months. I did put in a new a/c unit but my old one was only 4 years old. It was a heat pump and junk but still not that old.
                              How much did the 4 turbine system cost you?

Also whoops, come to find out mine is a goodman lol. Oh well. Still got the 10 year parts and labor so, no care. Don't plan on living here long enough for it to shit on itself, let it be the next guy's problem.
                              Last edited by Gasser64; 02-08-2015, 06:42 PM.
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X