Wavy foundation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    Thanks for all of the great information.
    The warranty is through bonded builders.
    As far as the driveway, the house has septic on the other side of the house, I think it's just bad prep, it's washing away down the whole run of the driveway, and the end (the part that would connect to the shop) is unstable (human weight will make it drop by 1/4" or so).
    Yeah, there is something there eroding the dirt. Maybe a supply line leak, hot water heater? Is the meter spinning constantly? If not maybe an improper grade? Do you have gutters? If so are the plumbed to under ground drains?

For you to be able to stand on it and make it move, there is a serious deficiency there. How long have you been in the home?
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
      Yeah, there is something there eroding the dirt. Maybe a supply line leak, hot water heater? Is the meter spinning constantly? If not maybe an improper grade? Do you have gutters? If so are the plumbed to under ground drains?

For you to be able to stand on it and make it move, there is a serious deficiency there. How long have you been in the home?
      House was finished approx Sep 2014, I moved in Mar 2nd 2015. I will try to get photos of the driveway. I do have gutters, no underground drains, the only plumbing that I know of on that side of the house is the sprinkler plumbing.
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

House was finished approx Sep 2014, I moved in Mar 2nd 2015. I will try to get photos of the driveway. I do have gutters, no underground drains, the only plumbing that I know of on that side of the house is the sprinkler plumbing.
        Could be a leak in the sprinkler system, do you notice poor performance from tje zone(s) around the driveway? Could indicate a leak in a supply line. It wouldn't cause the meter to spin constantly it would only leak when that solenoid is open causing a decrease in pressure in that zone. Either way, fight this stuff to the end!

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          Could be a leak in the sprinkler system, do you notice poor performance from tje zone(s) around the driveway? Could indicate a leak in a supply line. It wouldn't cause the meter to spin constantly it would only leak when that solenoid is open causing a decrease in pressure in that zone. Either way, fight this stuff to the end!
          I don't notice poor performance from that zone but my wife mentioned a wet spot that I am going to investigate today. The supervisor from Robbie Hale came yesterday and said there was no problem with the driveway, of course. I wasn't here while he was so maybe I can show him today, I have 2 concrete repair companies coming out in the next few days too which will hopefully be enough for them to fess up.
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

my wife mentioned a wet spot that I am going to investigate today.
            Giggity.

Comment

lol
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

:-o

Comment

Holy crap dude! I would freak the hell out if I found that!

Comment

Update, I am still dealing with this, they are saying that there is no good fix and floating the floor will just lead to a cracking mess under the carpet and in the garage.

Comment

Update, I am still dealing with this, they are saying that there is no good fix and floating the floor will just lead to a cracking mess under the carpet and in the garage.
                      If you want, I could come take a look at it. I go through your area every day.

On the garage floor, they can grind it and coat it. Is it cost effective, nope. Is it the right thing to do becaise their concrete sub fucked up the finish on your slab, yep. Same thing with the carpet. Grind it, float it, roll the carpet.

When we lay wood floors, we float the ENTIRE area to make sure it is smooth. If the float is just going to crack, then we would have MAJOR issues with our wood floors...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, have they sent an inspector from the flooring company out? If so, what company are they using?

How far up the ladder at Robbie Hale has this gone? I would be locating the CEO/owner at this point. Consult a lawyer, send a certified letter. ESPECIALLY if you can point out specific ACES/Home of Texas warranty deficiencies.

Does it affect the function of the home, no. Could it point to other significant deficiencies, yes!

Again, I will gladly stop by one evening on my way home from work, or swing by one weekend. Do NOT let it cross the 1 yr from purchase mark without running this as far up the ladder as you can!

Comment

Thanks for all of the help Russell, they came back again with the BS line of if we fix it, it won't hold up, I told them that is BS and she said she was taking it to the owner, still no response. I reached out to my warranty company, bonded builders, they seemed to take me seriously, I sent them photos and details of the situation. Thank you for your offer to stop by, I don't want to inconvenience you if I don't have to, I will post up what happens next, thanks again!

Comment

Thanks for all of the help Russell, they came back again with the BS line of if we fix it, it won't hold up, I told them that is BS and she said she was taking it to the owner, still no response. I reached out to my warranty company, bonded builders, they seemed to take me seriously, I sent them photos and details of the situation. Thank you for your offer to stop by, I don't want to inconvenience you if I don't have to, I will post up what happens next, thanks again!
                            I don't mind at all! I pass through Royse City on my way home every night and I live in Greenville....you are in Royse City right?! Lol

Comment

Well I got an official response from the owner Robbie Hale, they are refusing to fix the foundation, they told me that I can take it to arbitration with the warranty company if I want. They said it's normal and within standards in my neighborhood, what a joke.

Comment

fuck it, sue them.
                                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X