TV mounted, surge protector????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV mounted, surge protector????

I just mounted 2 TV's and completely overlooked surge protector, which is on the floor. I have electrical outlet as well, but don't want to just plug into w/out surge protector. Not sure how I forgot, but I did!!!

Would it be safe to use a good extension cord thru wall to surge protector on the floor? Or any other good ideas?

THanks

Depending on the type of mount you used, you might be able to get a smaller surge protector and mount it on the wall behind the TV.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

I thought about that, but didn't want to spend $$ on another protector just for one device if I didn't have to. I figured maybe a good extension to reach to one I have at the bottom would do.

Comment

If the TV's are in different rooms and you need a single surge protector, I'd pick up something like this locally. I highly recommend the APC products if you can swing them

Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
          I just mounted 2 TV's and completely overlooked surge protector, which is on the floor. I have electrical outlet as well, but don't want to just plug into w/out surge protector.
          So many things to first learn. For example, that protector on any other receptacle on the same circuit is doing same protection.

Second, how many joules does it claim to absorb. Destructive surges are hundreds of thousands of joules. A protector that is hundreds or a thousand joules is near zero protection. Protection typically so tiny that a surge too tiny to damage the TV (due to protection routinely found inside all appliances) can also destroy a power strip protector. Undersizing gets naive consumers to recommend it and buy more.

A protector adjacent to the TV must either absorb that energy (hundreds of thousands of joules). Or it must block a surge. How does its 2 cm part stop what three miles of sky could not?

Spend tens of times less money on something that is completely different. That is also called a surge protector. And that connects hundreds of thousands of joules harmlessly outside. That costs about $1 per protected appliance. And that is the only solution found in every facility that cannot have damage. This 'whole house' solution comes from other manufacturers with better integrity. APC, Belkin, Tripplite, Panamax, and Monster are not on a list that include GE, Siemens, Intermatic, Cutler-Hammer, Polyphaser (an industry benchmark), Ditek, Square D, Sycom, and ABB.

You have zero reasons, for example, to believe the APC does any such protection. Where do hundreds of thousands of joules harmlessly dissipate?

Comment

Working...
          X