garage & shop cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garage & shop cooling

I have a 400sq ft shop which is attached to a 400sq ft garage (standard 2 car).

I have been looking around at some stand alone units as well as window units but there are several options I'm not sure which would be best for my space. The shop is insulated with 2 windows and the garage is insulated as well. There is one doorway that you use as passage to the two spaces.

I'm debating if I should go with two small units (one for each space) or one large powerful unit and hope that it can cool both areas. My thought process on the second option doesn't seem the most valuable at this time considering an entire wall minus a doorway seperates the rooms and will not allow the air to the next room.

I am still in the process of moving in so I am not interested in routing ducts from my living space air conditioner at this time. Im looking for a temporary option. Im also not interested in a swamp cooler. I feel like i already live in a swamp with this humidity. Thoughts?

Google ductless split unit designs. I have a 2ton that gets my garage cold enough to hang meat inside.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Not sure of your budget or of how good these units are, but something like this?:

Comment

Mini split would be the best. You never want to cool or heat using your house hvac.
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
          Not sure of your budget or of how good these units are, but something like this?:

https://www.acwholesalers.com/Ductle...ubCat=cat16968
          Those are like the one I have. Combined with insulation and it will make it in the 70s when it is 100 outside.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Mitsubishi M Series

Comment

Working...
            X