Mosquitos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosquitos

Has anyone had any success with a specific product? As soon as I mow and we dry out a bit I plan on treating the yard and the surrounding area. I picked up some stuff from Cutter at Lowes to spray on the yard, but I don't really have much faith.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Has anyone had any success with a specific product? As soon as I mow and we dry out a bit I plan on treating the yard and the surrounding area. I picked up some stuff from Cutter at Lowes to spray on the yard, but I don't really have much faith.
    The Cutter has helped out, some, for us. The only other thing that consistently does he trick is:

We get the multi-packs from Costco and hose down when we go out. It works well, doesn't stink like so many others, and goes on very dry. Best overall mosquito repellent I have used.

Comment

I used cutter yard spray this weekend prior to removing 20 mosquito and ant infested bushes. I was bit by one mosquito the entire time I was in those bushes. I'd say it worked for me for the most part.

Comment

This is a little pricey but seems to work pretty good. I laid down the 16oz DIY spray all over the yard a few hours before we hosted a grad party and no one was bothered much.

Comment

Tempo insecticide by Bayer
          Pretty sure it's just a caution label , purchase as Ewing , jDL, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
            Tempo insecticide by Bayer
            Pretty sure it's just a caution label , purchase as Ewing , jDL, etc.
            Tempo is my go to as well. Used a bottle in a boom sprayer for front and back. Always hard to be sure but we seem to notice a significant reduction in spider, skeeters and other insects about two days later.

I also tend to quick spray the bottom 2' of the house/shop with it as well and around the garage.

I get it from Amazon - will have to check the other places.

Wait, we're talking about repellents. Anything with deet in it. The more deet the better sorta.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              Tempo is my go to as well. Used a bottle in a boom sprayer for front and back. Always hard to be sure but we seem to notice a significant reduction in spider, skeeters and other insects about two days later.

I also tend to quick spray the bottom 2' of the house/shop with it as well and around the garage.

I get it from Amazon - will have to check the other places.

Wait, we're talking about repellents. Anything with deet in it. The more deet the better sorta.
              Sweet, same day delivery on Amazon. Just ordered some!

Comment

Yes , best results when spray lawn , beds ( shrubs) and walls of structure

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
                  Yes , best results when spray lawn , beds ( shrubs) and walls of structure
                  Got it last night, have not read anything on the bottle yet. Would you happen to know about using this, and having pets? I will read the label tonight to check, but was thinking of spraying just before dark, then not let the dogs out until the next morning, or take them out front and do the front yard another day.

Comment

I keep them out of the lawn for a few hours until it dries. Kids/dogs never showed any signs of issues. Supposedly it's pet safe and all that I believe. Need to get me a bottle and go to it soon since the rain has slowed/stopped.

Comment

I keep them out of the lawn for a few hours until it dries. Kids/dogs never showed any signs of issues. Supposedly it's pet safe and all that I believe. Need to get me a bottle and go to it soon since the rain has slowed/stopped.
                      Thanks!

Check if you can get it with Amazon same day shipping with Prime!

I got my Thermacell yesterday too, I love Amazon.

Comment

Van Alstyne is not part of that same service area.

Comment

Van Alstyne is not part of that same service area.
                          Well, I can't read locations!
                          You should move closer to the Metroplex, just for free Prime shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post

I got my Thermacell yesterday too, I love Amazon.
                            Let me know how that works once you've used it a while. Considering getting a few.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                              Well, I can't read locations!
                              You should move closer to the Metroplex, just for free Prime shipping.
                              hehe, duly noted. I'll see what the wife and kids say. One day the kids may regret not wanting the move now though.

Comment

Working...
                              X