Mini-split installers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini-split installers?

I finally cleared all the junk out of our garage loft and converted it to a media room. I want to heat and cool both spaces and got load calcs of 36k btu's for the building. Ideally I would like to setup a multi zone mini-split with a wall unit for the garage and a ceiling cassette for the loft.

I'm looking to do much of the install myself but need an AC guy to inspect, leak check, and bring the system up. Any board recommendations? I'm in Cedar Hill.

Cant post pics because of quota, details here:

After a lot of reading, I am ready to pull the trigger on an AC system for my garage/loft space. The structure faces north and is 39 x 28 sqft and is near Dallas. Built in 2004, its brick veneer and has finished walls with fiberglass batting and white fiberglass batting in the attic in the...
    Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

They are simple to install, when we did ours we just connected the lines, opened the valves and it worked fine. No need for an AC guy. It's a Mitsubishi with just one inside unit, works great, has no issue keeping the office cool on a 100 degree day.

Comment

Yes, Mitsubishi seems to be the leader with Fujitsu and Daikin running a close 2nd. Some of these upper end names require installation by a licensed contractor to validate warranty. I think Mits offers 5 year warranty if installed by licensed contractor and 7 years if installed by Mits Diamond installer.

I was hoping to DIY the install and get the install signed off by licensed HVAC guy. Also interested in a good source to purchase equipment from. I have heard that Johnstone has pretty good pricing even better than online. I need to find someone with an acct for a cash purchase as they only sell to the trade and not to homeowners.
      Last edited by miketyler; 07-16-2015, 10:09 AM.
      Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Picked up a Mitsubishi mini-split last week. Will be a bit more entailing install as this setup uses ceiling cassette air handler.

sigpic

Comment

I had mine installed by Milk back in 2009. They had to run it off it's own 220v breaker is about the only reason I didn't do it myself.

Fans. Use extra fans in the garage to help move the air around.

Remotes. They are cheap junk. Mine finally gave up the ghost and refused to work. I had to find the manual button on the unit to turn it off. Still waiting for the replacement from amazon .

Insulation. Above the ceiling and on the garage door. When insulate you door, if it is an 18' door, make sure you have 2 springs on it. A single spring won't last with the added weight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
          X