projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• projector

Looking into getting a projector and screen for the outside. What are they thing i need to look at when getting these for outdoor use?

Subscribing, I've been using a thick white sheet as a screen but want something better for out back.

Comment

outdoor use? I certainly hope you mean for night. Remember your blacks are only as dark as the room is.

For outdoor use you're going to be shopping for lumen output. Which is a derivative of the size you want. The Epson 8350 is a good projector with high lumen output. I personally would make sure you bring both the screen and project in after you use it, never a good idea to leave them outside.

One of the stand screens at monoprice would probably serve you well. If it's in an area where there is a lot of wind, you might want to look into a tension style.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Seems like blackout curtain is a preferred medium, 110"x200" sheets for 75ish bucks on Amazon. I want to secure eyelets in it and use beaner clips to attach it to eye hooks on a pair of trees.

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
          seems like blackout curtain is a preferred medium, 110"x200" sheets for 75ish bucks on amazon. I want to secure eyelets in it and use beaner clips to attach it to eye hooks on a pair of trees.
          racist!

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
            Seems like blackout curtain is a preferred medium, 110"x200" sheets for 75ish bucks on Amazon. I want to secure eyelets in it and use beaner clips to attach it to eye hooks on a pair of trees.
            if you're looking to do a 110" screen outdoors you're going to want even more lumens.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Old lady,wants to do movie nights by the pool. I would rather have an actual store bought screen. I have been seeing some youtube video and some have some clear ass pictures.

Comment

your looking for something like this. they are easy to assemble before every use.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Outdoor-Entertainment-OS115/dp/B006CT46DU/ref=sr_1_1?m=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&ie=UTF8&qid=1438094606 &sr=8-1&keywords=outdoor+projector+screen&pebp=143809447 3771&perid=0ZGMAAYS93VS8KBZKX5X[/ame]

Whatever you do do not get the blow up ones. Just a warning.

Comment

I was actually thinking of those butt rather have ones with post instead.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                    I was actually thinking of those butt rather have ones with post instead.
                    leg kit available for $50 more

Comment

Working...
                    X