Green pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green pool

Long story short, my next door neighbor had a stroke back in December. They had a pool service up until 2 months ago when the pump went out. It is now replaced but the pool is green. PH is 8.4. What can I do to help them clean it up. Thanks Richard

Dump a lot of shock every 6 hours. Clean filters after it turns normal. Or drain and refill either or.

Comment

Shock it !!!
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

Overshock run for 2 days. Add algeacide
        Check water. Backwash it clears up. Brush brush brush.

Comment

Add muriatic acid to get that ph back down. The amount will depend on how large the pool is. You can buy it at Home Depot.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

He needs to check what else is low or high as well before before doing that.

Comment

I usually balance ph first, add 2-3 gallons of bleach every morning and night till everything sinks to the bottom then vacuum it out
              Big Rooster Racing
              1985 Mustang GT

Comment

green to clear bottle will work too

Comment

Originally posted by Josh.0 View Post
                  I usually balance ph first, add 2-3 gallons of bleach every morning and night till everything sinks to the bottom then vacuum it out
                  What I've always been told as well, need to get the ph balanced first. You can always take a water sample to Leslies and let them run a full test on it and tell you what you need.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

It's a crap shoot dumping the whole pool right now. Some areas are wet enough, might not be a problem, others have dried out and it may "pop" out of the ground.
                    Dump 1/2 the water, refill, shock it , add a gallon of acid. Keep the pump running for 24 hours. Back wash, dump half again if its still real green. Repeat above process. That should get you back close. You will probably have to tear the filter down after the mess gets cleared.

Comment

Thanks guys. Will get some muriatic acid and try that. Have already dumped 5 # of shock and it shows no chlorine. It is a pretty old pool and it has a big filter you pull out to clean. Have cleaned it about 4 times now.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                        Like what?

My phosfates were high and had them lowered and chlorin was at zero. Lowered my phos and raised my chlorine and that lowered my ph which was .2 to high. Also was treating mustard algea.

Comment

while the pool is green you need to keep the free chlorine level up around 10-15 ppm until the whole pool is clean, then lower your fc level to 2-3 ppm.

to do this on my pool from swamp to clear it takes about 15-20 gallons of bleach over 3 daysafter that a nice vacuuming and its good to go

I have to add a gallon of bleach every morning to keep the fc level up during the summer the key is being consistent
                          Big Rooster Racing
                          1985 Mustang GT

Comment

one step, then vacuum

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

You'll need a lot more shock than that. Get your PH right and then dump 10# or more in all at once. Don't do it a little at a time. The shock will get absorbed and the algae will bounce back. Think scorched earth policy. You have to kill everything all at once.

Comment

Working...
                              X