No announcement yet.

Best method to remove/kill poison ivy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best method to remove/kill poison ivy?

Well we finally got closed on our land, and upon getting started getting it cleaned up and ready to start building a new house, I have found a ton of this crap. What have you guys found to be the best method to getting rid of it? Just spray it with a brush killer and let it work? I have done some research and seems bayer, roundup, ortho all seem to work really well, just checking to see if there is a better method.

I think you can wait till the winter time when it stops growing and go in and pull it out. Then spray the ground area with what you mentioned.... I think.

Comment

Diesel

Comment

roll around on it, and let your body's natural oils kill it at the roots.

Comment

I got a tip from a rancher, put a bottle of baby oil in the sprayer with the roundup, and shake it up. The baby oil helps it stick to the leaf and makes it more effective.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            I got a tip from a rancher, put a bottle of baby oil in the sprayer with the roundup, and shake it up. The baby oil helps it stick to the leaf and makes it more effective.
            Diesel does the same thing

Comment

That stuff sucks. a lot. Buy new land.

Diesel, gas, Kerosene... kill it with fire. Just don't breath that shit in. Then turn up the ground where it was and spray the piss out of it with a commercial grade chemical. Then more fire.
              1995 Cobra #404
              1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
              1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

Found some stuff at atwoods they recommend. Just dilute it and spray. The guy there said that shit works great. Was made by Gordon's something called 2-4d? Was thinking maybe use diesel to dilute it then spray that shit good.

Comment

Get a goat. It is a favorite for them to eat.

CN

Comment

a goat is never a solution to anything
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
                      Get a goat. It is a favorite for them to eat.

CN
                      Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      a goat is never a solution to anything
                      double win, kills the ivy, eat dinner after he fattens up!

Comment

We are planning to get a couple goats once all this is done. Meeting with an architect tomorrow to get the floor plans drawn up, electric company is coming out next week to move the power lines over, getting an entrance built in the next couple weeks. Lots left to do...

Comment

Killing Poison Ivy

The Round-Up with baby oil works well, but remember......Round-Up kills EVERYTHING, grass included. Tractor Supply has a 2,4-D product called Amine 400. If you buy it by the quart, you don't need a license to get it. It kills ONLY broad leaf plants. It won't kill grasses. The baby oil does make a good surfactant. It keeps the chemical on the leaves longer for a better kill. Neither Round-Up or Amine 400 will kill the ground. There is a product called Baron that kills the soil for about a year. I use it on my fence rows. Tractor Supply has that too.

Comment

Working...
                          X