underground propane tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underground propane tanks

Why does this seem like a disaster waiting to happen? Anyone here know the life expectancy of an underground propane tank system? HOA states new construction has to include a buried tank. But all that comes to mind is a 20 year old rusted tank with a propane leak and a leveled house when it ignites.

how big of a tank is it??

Comment

I am guessing that since it is on propane vs natural gas it is a little ways out? Sucks that you still have to deal with an HOA. I will admit though, above ground propane tanks typically look like ass.

Comment

I install these for pool heaters in areas that do not have natural gas service. It doesn't cost much more to do than an above ground tank and I believe that they are even the same tanks but I could be mistaken. I do like to paint them with two coats before I bury them because I worry about corrosion but I have been assured that it is a waste of time. The fill valve is not covered in dirt. You put it in a box sort of the way you do a water meter.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

When I was looking at propane when building my house in 2012 I was quoted $900 installed. We just went all electric with a heat pump. No regerts.
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Curious, where in VA?

I can't remember details, but last I looked into this - I did not think much about it...meaning, I'd probably not be stressed about it.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

The HOA is requiring us to bury our propane tank as well. I'm fine with it as the above ground units are unsightly.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                When I was looking at propane when building my house in 2012 I was quoted $900 installed. We just went all electric with a heat pump. No regerts.
                The only thing I think we'll have that's propane is the stove, probably the ovens and I plan to run a fitting to the patio for a grill. The water heater and HVAC will be electric. I'm not sure what else there is that would use propane. We plan to have a hot tub...I don't know what's better to heat that propane or electric.

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                Curious, where in VA?

I can't remember details, but last I looked into this - I did not think much about it...meaning, I'd probably not be stressed about it.
                IIRC, I'll be across the road from you.

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                how big of a tank is it??
                I don't know yet. There's four of us in the household and we'll probably have the stove, oven, grill and maybe a hot tub.

Comment

Working...
                X