Scorpion removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorpion removal

Anyone dealt with scorpions in their home? I am going to spray the perimeter this week. I have a baby in the house and I am afraid for his safety. I have found 4 this last week inside the house. Two others a few months ago and a couple in my shop. Supposedly cats should take care of them and are not effected by their sting, but mine are too lazy I think. I am also going to get a black light and see if I can hunt them down.

CN

You're supposed to freeze them, then do a fatality.
    sigpic

Comment

I had my wife's cousin "owner of heritage pest control" fog/ dust my attic and for the first time in the 18 years since I built this house I have not had one scorpion, yes I am a procrastinator lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
        You're supposed to freeze them, then do a fatality.
        Best answer, ever!

Comment

Buy a shit load of geckos. Those little lizards keep my house bug free.

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
            I did not know that they would eat small scorpions. I just read an article on it. I have seen a few around the house. Too bad frogs don't take care of them. I have a whole bunch of them.

CN

Comment

My dad uses a metal spike and a black light to hunt them at his place in Vegas. Idk what kind of non intervention methods there are for handling them though

Comment

They can and are probably in your attic

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                  Those things are almost a coating on the outside of my house, at night. Didn't know they'd eat scorpions. I'd say screw paying for em, go find a building that has a lot of them and abduct a bunch of them and transplant them to your house.
                  WH

Comment

Burning the house down should be on the table. They like dark places. Probably hiding in your shoes. And bed sheets. They like shower drains. Clean and dirty laundry sitting in a basket. Closets. Clothing drawers. Pillowcases. Under the bed. Under rugs. They are probably crawling on you while you sleep.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                        Burning the house down should be on the table. They like dark places. Probably hiding in your shoes. And bed sheets. They like shower drains. Clean and dirty laundry sitting in a basket. Closets. Clothing drawers. Pillowcases. Under the bed. Under rugs. They are probably crawling on you while you sleep.
                        That is going to help me sleep tonight.

CN

Comment

There are two things to consider here, one is killing them and clearing the inside of the house the 2nd is perimeter control as well. Along with that is sealing any/all entry points. In my experience this is typically door/window seals and things of that nature.

What we do is pay a pest control place to take care of the inside/immediate perimeter of the house (I think they treat 20' out) with various things. I make sure of good seals on doors/windows and that screens are squared away. Also, I overlap their treatment with my own out to the rest of the yard or a at least another 100' depending on how much stuff I have.

Over the last 4 years we've probably found 20 scorpions in the house. Mostly the first 2 years which is when we still had a lot of brown recluse and house spiders. IMHO, the MAJOR improvement was when I started treating further out as well.

Now a days, when I see bugs increasing around the house - I treat (typically early spring) heavily and things go back to being fairly clean.

We've never seen big scorpions - it's always those small ones. About the size of quarter or so.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Comment

Just stepping on them doesn't always kill them. They can flatten themselves out.

CN

Comment

Working...
                              X