Stained concrete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stained concrete?

Anyone have experience doing this themselves? Curious of time/cost versus having someone coming out and if you have any recommendations on that as well. Any help provided is greatly appreciated fellas.

Board member Acid.
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I did it a couple of times. The most important question is how "clean" is your concrete? Aside from that, applying the stain and enhancer is not rocket science, but there are steps that must be done for it to look good.

And, avoid the crap at Home Depot. Not sure if they're still there but I bought the stuff at Decorative Concrete Supply in Carrolton or Lewisville. Here is the first floor I did. It turned out pretty good considering it was my first time. I also learned a lot about floor prep. When this room was added on (not by me), the builders painted some built in shelves in the middle of the floor. It had A LOT of paint on the floor and it was hard. What ultimately cleaned the floor was a floor buffer, water, and a black scrub pad and I just kept going till it was removed. This floor also had some areas that were not smooth. I left it as is, but I should've considered floating the rough areas with cement.

I may have some more pics of the various steps at home if you'd like to see them.

Last edited by GeorgeG.; 10-26-2015, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Unicorn Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
          Board member Acid.
          Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          Unicorn Jeff.
          Unfortunately I don't do this anymore.

Originally posted by Denny
          No. He just leaves stains on the concrete... big difference.
          And in bed sheets.

Comment

Gasser64 is a brown stain.

Comment

Prep work is a bitch. I spent countless hours with a buffer trying to get my living room clear of bs. I gave up after awhile, and put down tile.
              The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Originally posted by zora04 View Post
                Prep work is a bitch. I spent countless hours with a buffer trying to get my living room clear of bs. I gave up after awhile, and put down tile.
                Thats one down fall if you want tile later, it will require to removal of stain. If you float the floor the stain will show a different color at this float sptos.

Comment

Ok so what I am hearing is I need to start looking for someone lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                    He couldn't pull you out of retirement?
                    Nope!

Comment

Originally posted by DFWminis View Post
                      Ok so what I am hearing is I need to start looking for someone lol.
                      Nah, pull up your carpet and lets see what you're working with.

Comment

Cool will pull it up and post some pics and get your thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                        X