Need Someone To Make a Work Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Someone To Make a Work Table

I'm looking to see if anyone knows someone that can build me a durable but light table for the garage. Looking at something 5ft length X 2ft deep. Preferably on casters and shelving underneath.

like this..

good price btw

Comment

Close, but is going to be to wide. I could maybe go 3ft max. But pretty much that exact setup.

Comment

How light? There are a ton of write-ups on easily built 4x4 based work tables. That's something I would probably do DIY, unless you were looking for really light, like aluminum or something.

Comment

Looks like I can get a table through ULine. They have 6ft - 8ft X 2.5 or 3ft and casters can be added. Just not sure I like the 500lb capacity. With a drill press, vice, and reloading equipment I'll already be halfway passed that.

Comment

What are you looking to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
              what are you looking to spend?
              $400-$500

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                How light? There are a ton of write-ups on easily built 4x4 based work tables. That's something I would probably do DIY, unless you were looking for really light, like aluminum or something.

I recognize those brackets...I tripped on some leaving the plant today. Seriously, this is a great way to build a work table. Mine is 20 years old now out of 2x4's and these brackets. It has shelves underneath and a melamine top that overhangs front and back. The front has power underneath the ovehang. I have a vice and grinder bolted to it too.

Comment

I built one just like the one above about 20 years ago too - it has a vice bolted to it, and a drill press for a while and been used for wood working, metal work, and engine building.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                    $400-$500
                    Should be able to build whatever you want for half that if wood is acceptable.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I have a couple of these. They are really heavy duty.

Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                      X