Patio Cover Cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patio Cover Cost

Anyone have an idea as to how much it would cost to roof in a patio ?
    Its off the back of the house, slab is 26 x 10 -

I want to see all of my options, but want to know if the price would be within my range. The builder would do it for $ 3500.00 - 16x10
    Way too much coin

Thanks,

Is it going to tie into the house? If so, its not cheap

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      Is it going to tie into the house? If so, its not cheap
      I feel that would look best, if not , maybe just one of those cedar covers.

im thinking even a metal pole/roof would be sufficient ?

Comment

Id personally do it all in cedar. Its not cheap but looks great. Attaching to the house can be good or bad. Looks good but if the patio pad was poured after, it and the house foundation will shift at different amounts causing twisting with the additional roof and the existing roof.

Comment

the slab for the patio has not beeen built, the foundation for the house has.
          I would prefer all cedar over metal, i have not a clue of the cost for either though.

Comment

It would be better to NOT attach it to the existing roof but thats my opinion. That or you should try and drill some holes into the old slab and shove rebar into the holes and tie it into the new slab if you do.

edit/// like this: http://www.finehomebuilding.com/how-...ete-slabs.aspx

Comment

This is what we did at our old house and it was about $12K.

Because of our set backs the city required we attach it to the house. Turned out for the better though. No getting wet to and from the house.

sigpic

Comment

Thats very nice, and about the size i would need.
                12K is a litle too high for me thought.

Looks good.

Comment

Working...
                X