No announcement yet.

2016 lawn thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here have an account at Southwest Wholesale Landscaping? I need variegated cannas with orange flowers, and that's the only place in town where I've seen them.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That clump weed had a field day with my lawn this year. I have been changing products to get the cheapest/best outcome tough.

Comment

So is Bonus S what you all prefer to use for St. Augustine?

I had a soil analysis done on my front and back yards last year and it essentially came back with numbers that resulted in either pure nitrogen fertilizer only (one I use is like 20-0-0) or Milorganite (5-2-0).

Comment

I used Milorganite on my St. Augustine lawn in Florida and it grew like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by zemog View Post
            mstg86 said it looked like a clump weed (what I first saw as st aug)
            if it is a clump then he is correct, its hard to tell from the pic if that's a stand of grass or multiple clumps grown together.
            I may have to hit you up again about doing my lawn. I never committed due to the fact I cant water the full acre. Just been putting down some Lesco Dimension pre-emergent.

Comment

Great product with post emerge activity on young crabgrass .
              Spot spray any existing weeds with celcius and/or certainty, certainty is safe on st.augustine,zoysia and Bermuda. Will kill poa Anna , and nut sedges , also many grassy weeds with some broadleaf in there. Celcius for the broadleaf

Comment

mstg86 said it looked like a clump weed (what I first saw as st aug)
                if it is a clump then he is correct, its hard to tell from the pic if that's a stand of grass or multiple clumps grown together.
                I put down some Scotts Weed & Feed Bonus S for southern lawns yesterday. What is your best suggestion to get rid of the weeds to bring my bermuda back?

I'd love to have a yard full of Tiff 419.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Is your lawn a mix or all 419

Comment

Is your lawn a mix or all 419
                    Right now it's a mix of weeds, bermuda, and who knows what else is in there. No St. Augustine for sure and it's hard to tell if there's Zoysia there or not. Unfortunately I don't have 419, i'd love to have it though.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I put all new sod down last year. St. Augustine. I laid down pre-emergent on february 16th and I'm going to do it again today after I mow. Can I go ahead and put down fertilizer as well today? And what kind ?

Comment

you can fertilize if you want it wont hurt anything, still pretty early, even though grass is greening up its really not taking up any nutrients. supposed to freeze in the morning so keep that in mind for watering.
                        if you are buying from one of the chain stores just use one of the scotts fertilizer only products for st Augustine, if you are buying from JDL or ewing then the choices change. you can choose a quicker release product for early spring and then go back again in about 6 weeks with a 28-3-10 plus iron 50% slow release.

Comment

you can fertilize if you want it wont hurt anything, still pretty early, even though grass is greening up its really not taking up any nutrients. supposed to freeze in the morning so keep that in mind for watering.
                          if you are buying from one of the chain stores just use one of the scotts fertilizer only products for st Augustine, if you are buying from JDL or ewing then the choices change. you can choose a quicker release product for early spring and then go back again in about 6 weeks with a 28-3-10 plus iron 50% slow release.
                          I just got home from Sams with the Scotts Turfbuilder bonus s southern weed and feed and went to use it and it says for St Augustine only and I have Tiff 419. Will it be ok or take it back?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by fordracing19; 03-20-2016, 05:58 PM.
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I saw that as well, it's not a product I am familiar with, I believe it also says not to use during spring transition. The active ingredient for weed control is atrazine which is a product I never use because it is harmful to trees and shrubs ( states it in the label too).
                            I never use a product on a grass that it's not labeled for. I can't take the chance with customers lawns.

Comment

Thank you. I will return it and pay better attention next time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
                              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

They have a new formula same color bag that works on Bermuda

Comment

Working...
                                X