• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
    Can you use it now or wait till winter?
    It likes temps in the 80's.

Comment

• How in the hell do I get rid of this crap? https://goo.gl/photos/m7gA9wzMwz3jhKTZ8
      I use herbicide and it dies, then comes back with a vengeance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        How in the hell do I get rid of this crap? https://goo.gl/photos/m7gA9wzMwz3jhKTZ8
        I'm with you on this. I have that shit growing in my paver patio. I douse large clumps of it regularly with round up. Heavy spray, let is sit for a couple of days, then pull. It is like all it does is piss it off!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

How in the hell do I get rid of this crap? https://goo.gl/photos/m7gA9wzMwz3jhKTZ8
          Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
          I'm with you on this. I have that shit growing in my paver patio. I douse large clumps of it regularly with round up. Heavy spray, let is sit for a couple of days, then pull. It is like all it does is piss it off!

LOL, Spurge boys! That shit pisses me off. It grows in my granite so I constantly have to spray it with weed killer. Once it spreads out it has dropped one billion seeds.

Andddd I thought my back yard was having some issues. I am a non watering, weed mowing guy my self. However I overseed every year and usually my Kentucky 31 makes it ways into the summer and my Bermuda makes it up by the house. Grubs got me the this year. I didn't realize it until they had already wiped out some good areas. 3 bags of poison later maybe I will kill them all off.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Are grubs what cause random dead patches of grass? I keep getting dead patches right in the middle of a very thick lush lawn. Total mystery.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
              Are grubs what cause random dead patches of grass? I keep getting dead patches right in the middle of a very thick lush lawn. Total mystery.
              That or disease, grubs feed on the roots. You can dig a small spot out in the dead area and see if there are grubs there, if not, likely disease.

Comment

That or disease, grubs feed on the roots. You can dig a small spot out in the dead area and see if there are grubs there, if not, likely disease.
                Hell just walk out on it and pull a chunk up. The grass will come right out like hair because they eat the roots of everything weeds and all. Plus the ground is soft where they burrow around. My rye should settle in nicely and I will Bermuda seed next year. We had way to much rain for my grass to die this year. Shit load of june bugs out here also.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Are grubs what cause random dead patches of grass? I keep getting dead patches right in the middle of a very thick lush lawn. Total mystery.
                  Type of grass and when do/did spots appear ?

Comment

• Originally posted by zemog View Post
                    Type of grass and when do/did spots appear ?
                    Bermuda. Seems to appear towards late summer, and a few times in the same spot from year to year. A month later it grows back in.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Same place every time ?

Comment

• Originally posted by zemog View Post
                        Same place every time ?
                        No, not everytime. One has been in the same spot.

Comment

• Same spot same time and comes back when cooler wet fall weather comes back really sounds like irrigation, could be something under the ground also, ever dig and look ?

Comment

• Is it too late to put down a pre emergent?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                              Is it too late to put down a pre emergent?
                              I think, hope, you should be ok. I spread mine this weekend. I just need to water it in a bit before it rains

Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                                Is it too late to put down a pre emergent?
                                No
                                Even though it is late for some it will stop the new ones from emerging , spit spray any weeds that show up while it's still in the 80's.

Comment

Working...
                                X