Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone cleaned or had their grout cleaned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone cleaned or had their grout cleaned?

We have lighter tile in the kitchen, and the grout lines used to match, but have darkened over years of spills and foot traffic.

What have y'all used to effectively clean grout. I've seen where companies will come in and steam clean, anyone done it? Worth it?

id prolly pay. ive done it with a scrub brush and grout cleaner from lowes and all i had was a sore back and marginally cleaner grout.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Lyn used Clorox spray bleach and a brush, then scrub it, and use a bucket with hot clean water and one of those grout sponges to wipe it up, worked great, but a lot of work. One of those companies charged her friend a buck a tile to clean with a machine, and did not look any better than what Lyn did in half a day

Comment

So...hire Lyn? Lol

Comment

Well, she does own a residential/commercial cleaning company. ;-)

Comment

I had great results with a shark steamer with the brush head attachment in our old condo. It made the grout look brand new again and didn't take very long or require a ton of effort.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
              I had great results with a shark steamer with the brush head attachment in our old condo. It made the grout look brand new again and didn't take very long or require a ton of effort.
              This is probably what I would try. Fuck being bent over all day scrubbing the floor, but I wouldn't pay someone else either.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Second getting a steamer. They work great spray some simple green on the grout before hand for better results

Comment

Pay someone to come in and replace the grout with something dark..

Comment

We paid someone before we moved in and it came out great where they actually used the machine. I would rent one and do it yourself though.

We use a bissell steam cleaner and it's good, but without the brush part it won't clean the grout very good.

Comment

yup, my mom has a steamer that cleans it up great, and it's about as much effort as running a vacuum.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                      X