Riding Lawn Mower Repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding Lawn Mower Repair?

The steering on my Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower has been getting bad for the past few years and I finally have some free money to either get it fixed or look into replacing it. The steering has a lot of play in it and I'm thinking it's just bushings but really don't know. Any suggestions on a place that can look at it preferably in the SW Dallas area?

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    The steering on my Craftsman Riding Lawn Mower has been getting bad for the past few years and I finally have some free money to either get it fixed or look into replacing it. The steering has a lot of play in it and I'm thinking it's just bushings but really don't know. Any suggestions on a place that can look at it preferably in the SW Dallas area?
    Not sure how far south you want to go, but back in the day we had our serviced at Wiseman hardware in Desoto.

Wiseman Hardware, Inc. in DeSoto, TX is a hardware store offering power equipment, lawn care tools, plumbing and electrical supplies.

Comment

Some of those just have a plate, the tie rods are just rods with a Z in them, and a cotter holds them in place. Might have to replace all of the hard parts or you might be right could have some bushings. Google the year and model and I bet you can find a schematic. Wrong time of year to go to a mower shop. I bet they are covered up.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

What a PITA but finally got my mower running after almost a month down. Got Sears to come out and fix it and it took two visits, scheduling conflict on my end, plus having to wait on parts (one part had to be ordered twice after it was a no show at my house). So almost a month down and around a $500 repair bill. Not bad considering this is the only time I've had to have any work down on it in 14 years other than the typical oil, spark plug, and air filter change that I've done on my own. Almost thought about just buying a new one but 50" riding mowers ain't cheap!

Comment

Just added up the receipts and it was only a little over $400 so even better!

Comment

Working...
          X