Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me run down my Home A/C Issue I have

A/C was working fine before I left the house at 11:30

Come home at 3:30 and its warm in the house. I go over to the thermostat and its at 82* when it is supposed to be at 78*

System is indicating it is on (snowflake steady icon) and that the air unit is blowing air (fan icon)

Neither are running.

I have 120V to each leg in the air handler unit and all fuses are not tripped at the breaker panel.

I have pulled the outside unit cover and there are no dead mice/geckos or ants. Capacitor is not swollen / all connections look good

I'm open to ideas, its now 85* and only going to get warmer in here.

I do have an A/C guy, but he did not answer, left a VM.

cap doesn't need to be swollen for it not to work.
    I have an extra handy if it happens to match mine.

Comment

If you need I have a guy over in Saginaw area that may be able to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
        If you need I have a guy over in Saginaw area that may be able to help you.
        I'll take his number, is he decently priced?

This is more of an electric issue than A/C...if that make sense

My air handler in the attic should turn on even if the outside unit does not. It has a manual on mode...it's not working.

If the air handler doesn't turn on, neither will the outside unit.

Comment

817-896-2113 All around ft worth air, yes he's good and probably as cheap as it gets as far as people on the business.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
            817-896-2113 All around ft worth air, yes he's good and probably as cheap as it gets as far as people on the business.
            I can't thank you or Chaz (All Around Ft. Worth Air) enough.

He couldn't make it out today, but he talked me through several things to check based on the issue I described.

One such issue (which I never knew about) was that there is a small automotive 3A fuse inside the air handler on the controller board. I checked, sure enough it popped.

Replaced the fuse and everything is working great. I had to replace with a 15A because its all I had, but I am picking up some 3A's within the hour and will replace it again.

Great guy, will definitely get my business in the future. I offered payment for the consultation, he just said to spread the word about him...which I am gladly doing

Comment

Fantastic, glad he could help.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                I can't thank you or Chaz (All Around Ft. Worth Air) enough.

He couldn't make it out today, but he talked me through several things to check based on the issue I described.

One such issue (which I never knew about) was that there is a small automotive 3A fuse inside the air handler on the controller board. I checked, sure enough it popped.

Replaced the fuse and everything is working great. I had to replace with a 15A because its all I had, but I am picking up some 3A's within the hour and will replace it again.

Great guy, will definitely get my business in the future. I offered payment for the consultation, he just said to spread the word about him...which I am gladly doing
                Man, that's awesome. You don't find many people like that anymore.

Comment

That is awesome, make this a sticky, or add it to the Back Porch hookup thread!

Comment

It's always good when you can find a great HVAC guy that doesn't try to rip you off. I've been fortunate to have the same guy doing my work for the last 15 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X