Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outdoor BBQ Islands.... Anybody built one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found em. Tried to upload but aint working for me. What is up with pics quotas on this site? Had to host them on my website.

Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miketyler View Post
      Found em. Tried to upload but aint working for me. What is up with pics quotas on this site? Had to host them on my website.
      That turned out great.

We are planning a paver patio and I want to build my own outdoor kitchen. When I cook on the grill I never have enough counter space. So lots of counter with a bar is gonna be our theme.

Were those 2x4s channels or boxed in? How much do you have in yours minus the grill itself?
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

And here it is today. Yeah, that's right. I bought some Sunbrella material off of eBay and made a cover for it. I wouldnt have done it if it hadn't have taken a few hail dings and it pissed me off to no end. I figured the cover would offer a little protection.

Handyman, classic car and antique jukebox collector/restorer, and all around good guy.

sigpic

Comment

They were just 2x4 channels. By the time I got it all screwed and riveted together, it was strong as hell. The chassis material I got from Liberty Metals as scrap. I built this back in 99 so I have no clue what it all cost but the metal 2x4's, rock board, stucco, etc couldn't have been too much. I paid way more than I will admit to on the grille. Looking back, we have been using it now for over 10 years and still on the same burners it shipped with.

sigpic

Comment

^^^That looks very nice, good work!

Comment

I really like the way it turned out! I wanna do mine just a little bit bigger so that I can put in the outdoor fridge. I have a pretty good piece of granite from when my mom had counters done in her house. I may just have that fabricated to use as the top, instead of doing granite tiles. Thanks for the pics!

Comment

that bbqcoach stuff looks very interesting. I like that you can modify any of they modules.
                --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                  that bbqcoach stuff looks very interesting. I like that you can modify any of they modules.
                  I have read reviews on him and watched a lot of his youtubes. He is a tool and a half.

Use his information you can find on a line to get your own ideas and then just build it yourself. His stuff is not anything new new or is setting the world on fire with inovation. Besides I found most of his kits were way overpriced for what you are actually getting.

We plan on doing a paver patio in the next 6 months and I am going to have a concrete pad poured with some all thread sticking out for my patio kitched to reset on. I plan on having someone do the excavation, pavers, and pad but I want to build the kitchen myself. I will be taking cues from the 2x4 channels like miketyler used.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    I have read reviews on him and watched a lot of his youtubes. He is a tool and a half.

Use his information you can find on a line to get your own ideas and then just build it yourself. His stuff is not anything new new or is setting the world on fire with inovation. Besides I found most of his kits were way overpriced for what you are actually getting.

We plan on doing a paver patio in the next 6 months and I am going to have a concrete pad poured with some all thread sticking out for my patio kitched to reset on. I plan on having someone do the excavation, pavers, and pad but I want to build the kitchen myself. I will be taking cues from the 2x4 channels like miketyler used.
                    I agree, most of his modules did seem a little steep on price.

On a side note, what is he using to make the modules? Is there any special tools needed to bend and form that stuff?
                    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

damm thats a good looking grill

Comment

Working...
                      X