Class A CDL, combo, hazmat, tanker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
    That will still get you no credit as driving time OTR. No one will take that as experience. It dont take much skill to run around backroads and fields.
    But if your just wanting a job thats your best bet.
    Oil field days are getting numbered also, due to csa200 and other crap. Schlumberger has and is doing away with almost all driving duty's and has Schneider pulling there trucks now.
    Select Energy Services is hiring CDL drivers all over the states right now....

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
      Oilfield

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by 89FivePointOh View Post
      Select Energy Services is hiring CDL drivers all over the states right now....
      So is mission energy

Comment

Originally posted by Brain View Post
        hmmm... well, sounds like I might just have a CDL for no reason.
        go to a truck stop and get you one of the free trucking magazines they have there, they list a lot of companies that will hire you as a team driver till you get a couple yrs of otr experience. You might have to start out that way till you get enough experience to be a solo driver.
        sigpic
        "Thank you"
        Malone's Horsepower Ranch:
        SHOWMAKERS of AMERICA:
        Pietro's Italian Restorante Vacaville, Ca:
        Lucas Oil:
        Quick Fuel Technology:
        360 Wrap

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
          So is mission energy
          No major company will count it as seat time. Running back roads and fields is not experience. If you have your license try schneider, they have a two week class and have you ride with a trainer for a week or two and will get you out on your own. They use to have one of the best training schools out there. After three + months there it will open a lot more doors for you.
          Out of the major players there about the only one who don't use a new driver as slave labor. Most of them will make you ride with a trainer for ever for next to no pay for month on end. People joke about them but with there name on your work history it will get you in any door.
          PM me if your interested in it or any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Brain View Post
            I went and got my CDL on my own and am wondering if anyone knows the best jobs to apply for. I have looked at a lot of the trucking companies and am just wondering if there is anything like a recruiting service that can help someone with no experience, but has the CDL.
            try sunoco, they are taking drivers out in midland/odessa with no exp

Comment

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
              No major company will count it as seat time. Running back roads and fields is not experience. If you have your license try schneider, they have a two week class and have you ride with a trainer for a week or two and will get you out on your own. They use to have one of the best training schools out there. After three + months there it will open a lot more doors for you.
              Out of the major players there about the only one who don't use a new driver as slave labor. Most of them will make you ride with a trainer for ever for next to no pay for month on end. People joke about them but with there name on your work history it will get you in any door.
              PM me if your interested in it or any questions.

see that is what is bullshit. My acid runs in my tanker were from Houston to Catarina, or Cibolo to Catarina, all interstate/in-town streets, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X