Windows Server Admin openings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server Admin openings

Dell is hiring for quite a few Windows Server admin positions, from mid level to senior level. I think we have 9 in total in my group in the US, preferably Dallas or Austin area.

This will be supporting a large enterprise customer environment 300-500 servers on a team of 20 total Windows engineers world-wide on this team.

Shoot me a PM, and I'll send you my email address to send me a resume so I can get it to our recruiter.

Looking for heavy Windows Server 2003/2008 enterprise/datacenter level support. AD/Citrix/VMWare etc...

Here's a Job Description for the Senior positions, the lower positions will be the same without the level of experience and leadership role.

Wintel System Administration Sr. Advisor

In a Wintel server environment, performs installation, customization and maintenance of the operating system and system software products in support of business processing requirements.
    Performs system software installations, system software maintenance and product upgrades.
    Evaluate and integrate new operating system versions, drivers and hardware.
    Tests software updates and patches.
    Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels in standalone and multi-tiered environments.
    Conducts system analysis, configuration management and develops improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability.
    Perform Incident resolution, Problem Determination and Root Cause Analysis in accordance with Service Level Agreements.
    Designs, develops, recommends and implements new or revised system software, utilities and automated processes as necessary.
    Provides in-depth diagnosis for operating systems software/hardware failures and develops solutions. Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
    Prescribes system backup / disaster recovery procedures and directs recovery operations in the event of destruction of all or part of the operating system or other system components. Implements appropriate levels of system security.
    Will possess an understanding of networking technology (DNS, WINS, and DHCP).
    Is familiar and experienced with server hardware, firmware, BIOS, RAID, server backups, and server security.
    Provides technical expertise for system Transitions, Migrations and Consolidations.
    Provides technical assistance to IT support staff, including but not limited to, DBAs, Network Engineers, Application Developers, Middleware Engineers, other System Administrators, Project Managers, Change Managers and Business Development staff.
    The Sr. Advisor level is the recognized subject matter expert in the design, architecture and deployment of new Wintel systems in standalone and multi-tiered environments.
    Leads project management activities for new system requirements, RFP responses, data center migrations and new technology exploitation.
    Transfers knowledge and provides leadership support to the Advisors in the implementation of new hardware, operating systems and new software technology.
    The Sr. Advisor is expected to keep abreast of new technology and make recommendations as to how best to exploit the new technology for the benefit of our customers.
    Designs technologically advanced solutions to meet customers mission, objectives and requirements.
    Proactively assesses exposure areas and takes steps to reduce vulnerabilities. Provides advice, training, and 24x7 technical support to customers, users and programmers.
    Provides technical leadership on complex projects involving a broad range of expertise and disciplines, often performing the role of Infrastructure Architect.
    Great customer facing / presentation skills to all levels of management. Project management experience supporting data centers migrations and major software upgrades. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Significant project management experience and leadership skills.

Qualifications

Required Skills:
    8 - 10 years of experience designing/deploying/supporting/maintaining a Microsoft Server (2003, 2008) environment at an enterprise level
    Current experience with Group policies in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
    Understanding of networking components (TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP)
    Develop, document, and maintain policies and procedures for server administration and appropriate use
    Possess strong written and oral communication skills

Desired Skills:
    Current experience with IIS
    Knowledge and experience with Blade server technology
    Previous experience HBA and SAN technology
    Knowledge of Virtualization technology (VMware)
    Knowledge or application of Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) Backup product
    Effective leadership of interdisciplinary resources in architecture, implementation and problem determination.
    Datacenter Migration experience

Minimum Certifications or Other Professional Credentials:
    MCSA or MCSE
    Bachelor Degree or equivalent technical experience
    Last edited by Silverback; 08-21-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X