• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
    Funny I've got a cousin with them that refuses to go anywhere else
    He hasn't work for H&P yet.. that's why

Comment

• Flex Rigs are all automated.

Comment

• How about those oil prices today, lots of Permian stocks taking a 20+% hit.

Comment

• Looks like I waited too long. Stallion froze the position /hiring they interviewed me for and NOV who I applied with for a solids control job have stopped hiring until after the first of the year. Gas prices are gonna screw me here. Time to consider other options.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Looks like I waited too long. Stallion froze the position /hiring they interviewed me for and NOV who I applied with for a solids control job have stopped hiring until after the first of the year. Gas prices are gonna screw me here. Time to consider other options.
            Were these Texas positions? What are your skills?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              Were these Texas positions? What are your skills?
              I am new to the oilfield industry. I come from overseas corporate/physical security management with 8yrs in Afghanistan. Just a handsy feller.

Texas and Oklahoma is what I was looking at. My brother works with NOV and he has gone through all his connections and come up dry. 2 months ago I would have been in but even though I was home I wasn't ready to go back to work yet. My loss.

Comment

I am new to the oilfield industry. I come from overseas corporate/physical security management with 8yrs in Afghanistan. Just a handsy feller.

Texas and Oklahoma is what I was looking at. My brother works with NOV and he has gone through all his connections and come up dry. 2 months ago I would have been in but even though I was home I wasn't ready to go back to work yet. My loss.
                I worked for NOV for 2 years. I was on the Distribution side/Div.
                Have you considered relocating north?
                I can't offer you a job, but I can point you in the right direction and put some feelers out for up in this PA/OH/WV area if you're interested.
                Our industry loves ex-military vets.

Comment

• Relocation is out of the equation these days. I spent 8 years gone but sold the wife on up to a 3 on 1 off schedule.

I applied with NOV Bridgeport for a solids control position. Little brother says I am over qualified and would ace the position but I am looking to start somewhere where I can see what all is going on.

Comment

Relocation is out of the equation these days. I spent 8 years gone but sold the wife on up to a 3 on 1 off schedule.

I applied with NOV Bridgeport for a solids control position. Little brother says I am over qualified and would ace the position but I am looking to start somewhere where I can see what all is going on.
                    Don't let that over-qualified mumbo jumbo scare you off. I'm now an Operator Assistant 1 (frac). Check for the next job fair for Halliburton. I will for you too. You won't make as much per hour starting off like some of the other companies, but the benefits and steadiness is pretty solid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      Don't let that over-qualified mumbo jumbo scare you off. I'm now an Operator Assistant 1 (frac). Check for the next job fair for Halliburton. I will for you too. You won't make as much per hour starting off like some of the other companies, but the benefits and steadiness is pretty solid.
                      That is one of my plans. I am not opposed to starting on the bottom as long as at the end of the week it is worth it.

Comment

That is one of my plans. I am not opposed to starting on the bottom as long as at the end of the week it is worth it.
                        I'm thinking it might be more advantageous to stay on the production side, rather than support like HSE or QA/QC.

Comment

• We have some positions open in Texas I donno what you want to do but you can go to pxd.com and see what jobs we still have open. I know more will be opening after first of they year.

Comment

• Originally posted by mudpuppy View Post
                            We have some positions open in Texas I donno what you want to do but you can go to pxd.com and see what jobs we still have open. I know more will be opening after first of they year.
                            Hey mudpuppy....I actually applied for a position with pxd but have not gotten any response yet. Can you help? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jade View Post
                              Hey mudpuppy....I actually applied for a position with pxd but have not gotten any response yet. Can you help? Thanks!
                              Just sent you a pm.

Comment

Working...
                              X