Henry (Rick Modena), this is for you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    Ahh, theres a few threads with how to buff here.

Though any variable polisher and keep the speed about 2500-3500 rpms. Some soft pads (3M foam pads, black) from Eglish or any other color supplier and some swirl remover from mequires or 3M and then follow with Zaino or your wax. Its easy you'll see.
    Well, if you ever have the extra time and wouldn't mind me dropping by your shop I'd like to see how it works firsthand.

Comment

Collinite 845 is a wax, not a sealant or polish, but it acts like a sealant, if that makes sense. I use it on most daily drivers as it will last a very long time if applied properly and the reflection and depth are awesome! Definitely a great buy for $15 or so.

Dylan
      Detailing by Dylan
      817-494-3396
      Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
      Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
        Collinite 845 is a wax, not a sealant or polish, but it acts like a sealant, if that makes sense. I use it on most daily drivers as it will last a very long time if applied properly and the reflection and depth are awesome! Definitely a great buy for $15 or so.

Dylan
        What do you mean exactly about being applied properly? Seems like a straight foward deal, how could that be screwed up?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          What do you mean exactly about being applied properly? Seems like a straight foward deal, how could that be screwed up?
          LSP (last step product) application should be applied properly for it to function properly and the surface must be prepped properly. By prep, I am reffering to to making sure the surface is free of bonded contaminants, also defects and swirls if desired. The appearance of paintwork is 90% prep and 10% LSP. 845 is very easy to apply but It must be shaken vigorously as it likes to into a solid at lower temp and takes a bit of shaking to get everything mixed together like it needs to. I've seen a friend apply it when it was in paste form without shaking...

Dylan
          Detailing by Dylan
          817-494-3396
          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
            LSP (last step product) application should be applied properly for it to function properly and the surface must be prepped properly. By prep, I am reffering to to making sure the surface is free of bonded contaminants, also defects and swirls if desired. The appearance of paintwork is 90% prep and 10% LSP. 845 is very easy to apply but It must be shaken vigorously as it likes to into a solid at lower temp and takes a bit of shaking to get everything mixed together like it needs to. I've seen a friend apply it when it was in paste form without shaking...

Dylan
            Thank you for the tip. I'd like to learn all I can

Comment

Im happy to help. Feel free to ask about anything else!

Dylan Lachance
              Detailing by Dylan
              817-494-3396
              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
              X