Interior cleaning products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior cleaning products?

Just picked up a 94 4d S-10 Blazer for free the other day. It's in amazing mechanical shape, but the interior needs some help, I.e. soda stains in the carpet, dirt everywhere, some grease stains, etc....

What are my best options?

Are there quality products out there that'll effectively get the stains out? Am I better off taking it to a detail shop?

Just wanting her to be clean again.
    Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
    "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

if it was free id prolly throw the carpet in the trash, and replace it. then id make a decision on finding clean take-off seats or getting those cleaned.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I have been wondering the same thing. I have a 2003 regular cab S-10. The lid of the fold down arm rest is a canvas like material and is pretty dirty. It is a course cloth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Those are tough if set in for a long time. . For the S-10 just try tide and water mixture, a white terry cloth towel with some scrubbing power such as a "thirsty bar mop" towel.

For the Blazer, if you have a carpet shampoo machine or carpet steam machine, soak it in that cleanser for a little while and use a semi stiff bristle brush to agitate it as much as you can, then spray again and suck it up. They will look a lot better, but it will not get everything out, specially soda stains.
        Scott Ganow
        Lone Star Performance
        16300 Midway Rd
        Addison, TX 75001
        214-630-5006

Comment

Originally posted by 00KBGT View Post
          Those are tough if set in for a long time. . For the S-10 just try tide and water mixture, a white terry cloth towel with some scrubbing power such as a "thirsty bar mop" towel.

For the Blazer, if you have a carpet shampoo machine or carpet steam machine, soak it in that cleanser for a little while and use a semi stiff bristle brush to agitate it as much as you can, then spray again and suck it up. They will look a lot better, but it will not get everything out, specially soda stains.
          Thanks for the advice. I don't care if there's a little bit of a stain left, I just want it to be clean. If that makes sense.

"We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

A little late in the response but I have had excellent results cleaning seats and carpet using a Rug Doctor carpet machine with the upholstery attachment. I use just a drizzle of laundry soap instead of their carpet shampoo. Heavily stained areas I pretreat with a purple cleaner or Simple Green.

As for the rest of the interior, I found a tip used by detailers and dealerships.

Scrubbing Bubbles kitchen and bath cleaner. Use the lemon scent, the regular has bleach in it.

Spray it on, wait about 5 secs and wipe it off. It removes all the ground in dirt and grease. My truck was nasty and the wear areas were nearly black. This stuff just lifted it right off.

After you wipe it off, wipe it down a couple times with a clean damp cloth and then treat with a protectant.

Comment

Remove carpet and power wash. Will also work on seats, just let the dry in the sun all day.
              Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                Remove carpet and power wash. Will also work on seats, just let the dry in the sun all day.
                This, I also bought some carpet cleaner (home / interior) and scrubbed a carpet down and then pressure wash and it looks good till this day.

Comment

I'm assuming that if they're allowed to properly dry, the carpet and seats won't mold or mildew after being powerwashed?

Comment

No, they will be fine. I did the carpet in my old truck before I dyed it (big bleach stain) and it dried within a few hours in the sun.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Tuff Stuff FTW
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

X2 for Tuff Stuff

Comment

Here's a few pics of what I'm dealing with. I'm not too worried about the front, but the back end is what needs the most help. Gonna give the Tuff Stuff a shot, see what that does, if it doesn't help, I guess I'll either pull it out and powerwash/carpet cleaner it, or just save up and replace with new from LMC.

Comment

Damn!! That shit is bad! Almost looks like mold. Cleaning will help but I don't think that can be saved by cleaning alone, it may need dyed. If you do decide to get new carpet, LMC is on the high $$ side of things.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Buy yourself a Little Green Machine, one with a heater. Soak, scrub, and suck that shit up. But damn that's pretty awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X