Weld Aluminum Wheel Polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weld Aluminum Wheel Polishing

I did a bit of research online and everyone has different opinions on what works and what dont. I have a set of Welds on my coupe that really need to be cleaned/buffed out. They are pretty dull looking.

What product/polish do you all recommend that would work? I plan on getting a powerball because that is what everyone is using.

T.I.A
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

powerball didnt do as much on my chrome bullets as some brass(I think its brass, really fine, either way) wool did.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      powerball didnt do as much on my chrome bullets as some brass(I think its brass, really fine, either way) wool did.
      Did you do it by hand or with a drill? Where can I find some brass wool?
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
        Did you do it by hand or with a drill? Where can I find some brass wool?
        Drill.

Looks like bronze, not brass

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I used a porter cable 7424 the other day with light compound with great results. That said ive always used mothers before

Comment

You may have to cut and buff them. I did some centerline center caps that were really bad and brought them back to new. 800, 1000, 1500, 2k and polishing compound on power cone. Then hit up hand polish with mothers billet polish.
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

On Welds website they have some good info on cleaning and polishing your wheels.
              Weld wheels is a manufacturer of advanced, street & strip, drag racing, oval racing and heavy duty truck high-performance, professional forged wheels

Comment

Thanks guys...going to try some of these out and post pictures later this month.

Comment

Adams aluminum polish + powerball = looks like newness.
                  1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                  TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                  Work In Progress

Comment

Working...
                  X