The Watercraft/PWC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
    snacksack, my old man is selling a 650 for like 300 + shipping.

you can buy a 70$ conversion plate and rewire the e-box for it pretty easily.

plus the 650/750 bottom end is the same....

LMK if you're interested.
    plus shipping? where is he located? Ill probably go with a 650 for this reason but ultimatlly wanna go 750.

Comment

He's in las Vegas. I'll ask him about shipping when I'm outta class later on. A 650 will be ample for rec riding, esp with a good pipe and prop. My 550/750 is fun but u won't build a nice 750 conversion for that cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
        He's in las Vegas. I'll ask him about shipping when I'm outta class later on. A 650 will be ample for rec riding, esp with a good pipe and prop. My 550/750 is fun but u won't build a nice 750 conversion for that cheap.
        oh i wont? why not? I can find 650's local for that kinda money so wont be interested in shipping but thanks anyways. Just gotta look for a wave runner with the big pin 750 dirt cheap..... but will most likely come up with a 650 sooner.

Whats your skis details? stock/mod motor? js or sx ski? pump/impeller setup?

I would be interested in the motor mounts thou.

oh and I gotta be able to hang with my buddies 100hp superjet

Comment

stock big pin with a R&D head and shredmaster intake/plate. it's not that fast at all.

Comment

i dont want fast just powa! freestyle boat is the goal so lotsa fiberglass work and hopefully some sort of pump crammed in it..

Comment

right on.. there's a guy on pwctoday in the vintage section selling 650 pumps.. glass one of those in!

Comment

hey lo3oz

Here is what my prob was. Fuckin shit in my carb! I don't know what the hell it is though. Any thoughts?

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...my-carb...pics

Comment

looks like alot of carbs i have cleaned, i always assumed it was dirty gas can that contribute to that.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                    looks like alot of carbs i have cleaned, i always assumed it was dirty gas can that contribute to that.
                    Whats the best way to clean it without hurting the metal? I plan on three new carb kits so not worried about the seals. I just did these carbs in the summer of 09 too.

Comment

Looks like varnish to me.. From what the 'old timers' say, gas doesn't keep like it used to. They sell 1gal buckets of carb oarts cleaner that has a dunking tray in it if a pressurized can and soft brush (plastic bristle, maybe a firm toothbrush?) wont clean it up.. You may have to get after it with some toothpicks or something, but i've never seen it that bad before.

If you post in the yamaha section on pwctoday, you'll probably get a lot better response. I think ZMANN is the guru in that forum, though i could be mistaken.

Comment

Got two good responces thanx! Guess I am gonna have to clean the shit out of it.

Comment

Yeah, if you need a hand with it i'll be back next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by TX21 View Post
                            Whats the best way to clean it without hurting the metal? I plan on three new carb kits so not worried about the seals. I just did these carbs in the summer of 09 too.
                            that's an extreme amount in that time, normally these are 10 plus years old that i see. Skis that were submerged and not dried out are the worse. Picked one up that the guy said after he sunk it that it wouldn't crank anymore. Didn't think much about it cause it had been at least a year so i put a battery in it to see what was goin on and it sounded locked up. Yanked the spark plugs and hit it again and it looked like a fire hydrant blew in my garage! anyways the carbs were a nightmare on that one.

Comment

Snacksack do you need all 4 motor mounts? I have a set of 3 (i think) but everything else has a motor on top of it.

Comment

What is your opinion on the '05 Seadoo RXT and what is a reasonable price to pay for one these?

I spent the day on the lake today and my urge is growing stronger for somesort of water craft.
                                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Working...
                                X