2007 gsxr 600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 gsxr 600

So I picked up a GSXR last night for what I think a very good price and few extras.

It seems to be running a bit warm (highway cruising im at 190). I tried checking the coolant but couldn't get the fairing off due to the frame slider. This frame slider is a POS.

I think I got an awesome deal.

2007 GSXR 600
    1966 Miles
    Arai Helmet - pretty much new
    Boots (forgot brand) brand new
    Bike Stand
    Gloves

All the items above are for sale.

It has gone down and has probably less scratches than what my R6 had so it is very minor.

All for about 500-800 less than what the bike itself has been fectching on CL.

Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

time to take the engine out.........need a pipe?
    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
      time to take the engine out.........need a pipe?
      What? Don't scare me like that.

Oh and the exhaust on this bike SUCKS!

I pulled up next to a diesel last night and I shit you not I sounded almost identical to him taking off. It is horrible...
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

nice bike....i dont see how you get bored of them so quickly.

Comment

190 on the highway is normal, they can and will run anywhere from 180-220 just depends on how hot it is outside and how heavy traffic is. Its not uncommon to sit at a stop light and hit 235 on a warm day!

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
            190 on the highway is normal, they can and will run anywhere from 180-220 just depends on how hot it is outside and how heavy traffic is. Its not uncommon to sit at a stop light and hit 235 on a warm day!
            I was just taken off gaurd since my R6 was always 170ish when on the highway and never 220 at a red light. Besides my legs get really hot on this bike with the higher temp from the R6.

The frame slider is a straight up piece of shit design. There is no easy access to the bolt and has it blocked. Apparently, after googling it seems it is a known issue and people actually drilled into the plastic molding to get to the bolt. I will be doing that tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
              nice bike....i dont see how you get bored of them so quickly.
              I intended on selling this one soon for a profit but I have to get it registered now and that is going to eat up a lot of it.

Comment

Frame sliders cause more harm than good, but people love to buy the shit out of them. LOL

Pipes on those bikes are HEAVY. Aftermarket pipes probably drop the weight ~20lbs.
                US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                  Frame sliders cause more harm than good, but people love to buy the shit out of them. LOL

Pipes on those bikes are HEAVY. Aftermarket pipes probably drop the weight ~20lbs.
                  Man you have no idea. Most frame sliders that I have seen are hollow in the center and allows easy access to the bolt. These on the other hand are solid. The actual slider part was screwed into the frame sliders base and would NOT come off. I tried taking a hacksaw to it but even cutting it flush with the metal it was still solid. I ended up drilling the the bolt then was easy as pie.

Come to find out this same exact frame slider is known for this and many people had to screw into it..

Comment

Fuck that frame slider! It broke the hack saw too!

Comment

190 sounds pretty good. I'm running 200-210 on my 06 r6. I'm going to change out the antifreeze tonight.

Comment

if you want to cool it off and pick up a few ponies i can sell you a bazzaz map and a set of top injector nozzles to run it on methanol............
                        pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                          if you want to cool it off and pick up a few ponies i can sell you a bazzaz map and a set of top injector nozzles to run it on methanol............
                          How's it work? Does it come on only during WOT or something? Just curious

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                            How's it work? Does it come on only during WOT or something? Just curious
                            Bastard.. I thought someone was looking for an 07 GSXR. I was about post an ad!

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post

How do you figure? The one time I've been down my sliders saved me a TON of money. All that was scratched was the rearset, the case cover and the rear spool.

Comment

Working...
                              X