No announcement yet.

DAMN its fuckin HOT out there!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy would wear a wife beater under his jacket cause it was hot.

Comment

just got my bike back on the road and riding it daily to save gas now.

It's cooler to wear a jacket than go without one. The sun bakes your skin and makes you hot as fuck. It's also cooler to ride with the shield/visor down to keep the hot air off your face.

Rode from Arlington to Garland today for new tires. Then from there to Arlington, and then to Burleson for work.
      HD Parts
      paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

man ive only been riding early morning to class b/c its been way cooler than night time,,,and im mainly a late night rider.

mostly because it's so hot at night, even at 11, that i dont want to wear my riding pants...and i feel i shouldnt ride unless im fully geared up for my style of riding.

Comment

I'll stick with my helmet, gloves, vest and jeans if I'm riding during the day. If I'll be out late evening/early morning I'll take my jacket instead.

Comment

For a short ride (under 30 miles or so) I've discovered submerging my mesh jacket in water right before hopping on the bike. Its like air conditioning until it evaporates and makes it quite tolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              For a short ride (under 30 miles or so) I've discovered submerging my mesh jacket in water right before hopping on the bike. Its like air conditioning until it evaporates and makes it quite tolerable.
              I rode to Austin a little while back in the heat of the day. Stopped, bought a big water, poured it all over myself. Soaked my shirt and hair completely. At my next stop my shirt was basically dry except for the normal back sweat area.

Felt great though. It was 100+ and made me feel ice cold when I was pouring it on me. Took my breath away, was all I could do to keep from squeeling out like a giant vagina in a busy gas station parking lot.

I need a mesh jacket bad. You should try sticking it in the freezer when it's wet and see how that works.
              US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

just got in....it was tolerable. tires were nice and sticky

Comment

turned the key on my yamaha and engine coolant reads 118.

Bike hasent run in 2 days

Comment

Working...
                  X