Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just heard someone picked up an R1 tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just heard someone picked up an R1 tonight...

Lets see some pics!!!
    Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
    http://www.titantowing.net
    -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

I will get some after it gets a bath. It is filthy but in perfect (IMO) condition. A few minor scatches on the rear seat where you lift your leg and some light scratches on the fairing but nothing a little soap and water can't get off.

I will say out of the previous R6 and 07 GSXR I had this one seems much more solid in comparison. When you shift gears it is smooth and pops right into gear. It does seem a bit bulkier than a GSXR though. The GSXR stance and feel feels much more agile (IMO) than the R6/R1 but still like it.

I do however think I have been spoiled by the gear indicator on the GSXR. It is convenient in my opion and helps me not grab for that 7th gear...
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

7th gear is a bitch!

Man, this bike does have some balls. It feels much more torquey than my 750.

Comment

nice...too bad you prob wont keep it long.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
          I get tired easily. I do think my next addition may be a RC51 though..
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

What year R1?

Comment

Originally posted by jasonrr View Post
              what year r1?

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                I will get some after it gets a bath. It is filthy but in perfect (IMO) condition. A few minor scatches on the rear seat where you lift your leg and some light scratches on the fairing but nothing a little soap and water can't get off.

I will say out of the previous R6 and 07 GSXR I had this one seems much more solid in comparison. When you shift gears it is smooth and pops right into gear. It does seem a bit bulkier than a GSXR though. The GSXR stance and feel feels much more agile (IMO) than the R6/R1 but still like it.

I do however think I have been spoiled by the gear indicator on the GSXR. It is convenient in my opion and helps me not grab for that 7th gear...
                It needs new tires (190/55/17 rear) It really makes the R1 feel much lighter in the turns. Also should do the race baffles, 4300k HID, and -1 front sprocket.

I just did a -1 +2 sprocket change on mine and it woke it the fuck up. This thing is a rocket now.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                  Thats what I thought about my R1 .... still have that hoe.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                    It needs new tires (190/55/17 rear) It really makes the R1 feel much lighter in the turns. Also should do the race baffles, 4300k HID, and -1 front sprocket.

I just did a -1 +2 sprocket change on mine and it woke it the fuck up. This thing is a rocket now.
                    I am not sure what tires are on it now to be honest but it is 180, not 190. The back tire has probably 1,000 miles on it and the front could probably use a changing in another 1,000-1,500 miles.

The lights, well, these lights are fucking bright. I don't know specifics but they are brighter than just about any car/bike I have seen. Maybe Brien disagrees.

As for the sprocket. I am sure an R1 is more than enough for lil ole me to be messing with any sprockets right now.

Depending on what time I get off today I may roll to the gtg.

Comment

Damnit.. i have the urge to buy some more toys, but need to unload a little stuff first. Nice bike mike! want a yami superjet or yz to go with it now?

Comment

Hit me up if you ever need work on your bikes. Did you ever get that projector working.
                        2006 Civic SI
                        2009 Pilot
                        1988 GT
                        CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                          Damnit.. i have the urge to buy some more toys, but need to unload a little stuff first. Nice bike mike! want a yami superjet or yz to go with it now?
                          Get a bike already, damnit! I may actually put more than 40 miles on this one, not sure yet.. lol

No, no dirt bikes or water toys at the moment. I will let you know if I change my mind though. It always changes so who knows.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                            Hit me up if you ever need work on your bikes. Did you ever get that projector working.
                            Honestly man I haven't even touched it. I have been so swamped (minus this little journey) to do anything.

Comment

Mike, i realllllyyyyyy miss the RR, but i was going to kill myself on that thing. Plus, with this impending move, it wouldn't be a great idea to scoop up something that'll barely get used.

Comment

Working...
                              X