Joyner Buggies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joyner Buggies

I know I started a thread a while back, but looking for specifics about this model. Done a bunch of reading on buggynews, and these things seem to have some pretty decent reviews.

The model i'm looking at is a Sand Spyder 650. The 650 engine has been replaced with what looks like a geo metro setup. They also sell turbo kits for these things that bump them up to 80-90mph - quick!

What's a reasonable price to pay for a used one? Was thinking a little over 2k.

Here's a pic of the model, though not the exact one i'm looking at.

opinions?

I have never personally drove one, or seen one around here. But a guy I work with said he had one of the 800cc buggies and it was complete junk, it was very sluggish and under powered he said. he has a 4 seater ranger now and says fully loaded its faster than the joyner buggy.

Comment

interesting.... thank you. i'll go back this weekend with a new batt and get it started. i'm curious since the 650 is gone, what's actually in there and how peppy it is. I like the idea of being able to register and street it.. and if geo metro swaps are as easy as everyone says, it wouldn't be terrible to do.

damn this addiction.

Comment

Redline Revolt or a good Honda Pilot.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          Redline Revolt or a good Honda Pilot.
          revolt starts at 15k, more than i'm looking to spend on a toy. i'm just a jr baller apparently.

Comment

Know nothing about it, would street it. ;-)
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Is this for TX?
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Yeah, there's a bunch of trails over by my house that we ride dirtbikes and take the trucks out on. But, if i move.. it'd be useful there too.

Comment

Yeah that is/would be bad ass..

So you can practically ride that to the fields or are you trailering it over?
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

It's taggable, but even w/o plates it'd be a VERY short trip on any paved roads to get to the fields. I have that 5x8 trailer as well, and shouldn't have a prob putting it on there.

Comment

eBay Motors makes it easy to find parts for cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles & more. We even offer a massive selection of new & pre-owned classics, hot rods, exotics, vans, ATVs, RVs, boats and more at eBay Motors. Shop for your next vehicle, or start selling in a marketplace with 171 million buyers.

Comment

That yellow one is nice!

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                          That yellow one is nice!
                          yea they both look nice and well built! one of 'em is located in Denton but $7,500 is a lot of money

Comment

yeah, i'm not willing to pay much over 3k for one in good shape.

Comment

They are a POS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X