Schoolyard Supermoto Track!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schoolyard Supermoto Track!

I'm going to have the police run me off, and quick, but in the meantime I'm enjoying tearing around this little track on my DRZ. A 4ft ribbon of sticky asphalt laid out like a slotcar track I found in the elementry school 1/2 mile from my house. Two hairpins have me down into 1st gear and wheelying out of the corners, but the rest of the track is 2nd and just touching 3rd. This is crazy, silly fun!!! I'm going to try to get some video.

Cops in that area would hate me! Looks fun

Comment

we need to all get pocket bikes and do some racing out there. ive always that it would be fun to get a pocket bike race together, but since i never ended up buying one it never came to fruition.
      Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
      http://www.titantowing.net
      -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

My dream is to have a little backyard track (not all that much bigger than this little walking path) with a small fleet of Ninja 250's with sticky tires.

Comment

No gear, so I wasn't pushing too hard, but it's still fun. Feels a lot faster on that 4ft path than it looks. Good fun.

Comment

Lean that moterfucker over!
            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
              Back that moterfucker in!
              Fixed. That looks like a metric shit-ton of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post

No gear, so I wasn't pushing too hard, but it's still fun. Feels a lot faster on that 4ft path than it looks. Good fun.
                Have you run it counter clockwise too?
                Owner of Titan Towing

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

I just watched the vid on my laptop - pretty sweet.

On a side note, put a fucking helmet on...
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Yeah, I know, I really need to get in a better habit of wearing gear. You're right.

Yes, I've run it the opposite way too. I like coming out of the back hairpin and clipping that one little bend onto the back straight though when I run it the other way. In the first vid, on the 2nd lap, you can see my briefly braking the rear tire loose with the throttle in 1st leaving that hairpin. Not exactly easy on a stock DRZ.

Only bad thing about running it that way is there is a bunch of sand at the entrance to the corner after that back straight, so you've gotta do all your hard braking early. In the vid it just looks like I'm slowing down early and entering the corner slow. I'll work on backing it in on this corner a little more.

Comment

Those DRZ's look like tons of fun.
                      2007 R1 Lots of mods-sold, 2006 GSXR 1000

Comment

you need to run the golf cart path at some country club. lol
                        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Haha, thats badass!!! Looks nearly impossible to run 2 on though so that kinda sucks but still looks great!

Oh and put a lid on mofo!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonRR View Post
                            Yeah, I know, I really need to get in a better habit of wearing gear. You're right.

Yes, I've run it the opposite way too. I like coming out of the back hairpin and clipping that one little bend onto the back straight though when I run it the other way. In the first vid, on the 2nd lap, you can see my briefly braking the rear tire loose with the throttle in 1st leaving that hairpin. Not exactly easy on a stock DRZ.

Only bad thing about running it that way is there is a bunch of sand at the entrance to the corner after that back straight, so you've gotta do all your hard braking early. In the vid it just looks like I'm slowing down early and entering the corner slow. I'll work on backing it in on this corner a little more.
                            What if any damage does it appear to be doing to the surface? That would be my major concern. Anyone run you off yet?
                            Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

No damage at all...maybe some light skid marks, cause the rear end gets light under hard braking, but no burnouts or any damage.

I've been giving it a rest for now, cause I really wanna get some laps in after I get my suspension done and don't wanna get run off before then. The trees help with the noise, but I'm sure that I'm pissing someone off.

Comment

Working...
                              X