Bike will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike will not start

03 CBR600RR won't start. Rode for 3 hours yesterday without any problems, and rode about 25 miles this morning. When I went to the bank around 4 this afternoon, I killed the engine but left it on to keep the fan going while I was in the bank. I went to start it and it tries to crank but then shuts off. The lights and gauges all work, just the bike won't start. I have half a tank of gas I put in there yesterday. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Also, any towers that will haul a motorcycle in Richardson?
    2008 GT - cammed, 93 octane tune, 326 to the wheels

Push start it.

Comment

dead battery...the fan pulls a lot of juice. hook up some cables and see if it starts, or just bump start it like lincolnboy said and let it charge back up on the ride home,

Comment

You ever get the bike started.

Comment

Do NOT use a car to jump start it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
            Do NOT use a car to jump start it.
            I witnessed a harley smoking it's electrical system doing this a couple weeks back.
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

I did get it started and I did use a car. The jump went smooth. I didn't know beforehand that using a car was not a good choice.
              2008 GT - cammed, 93 octane tune, 326 to the wheels

Comment

ive used a car multiple times to jump the bandit, no problems...what's the issue with using a car?

however i dont start the car, just turn all the electrics on and that's enough juice to jump it off.

Comment

i used a car a few times also... no issues..

Comment

Both 12v.
                    Ded

Comment

Take battery to Autozone or somewhere to test it.

Put it on a trickle charger till it's charged 100%.

Afterwards put a voltmeter on the battery while it's running and see if it's charging or draining.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                        ive used a car multiple times to jump the bandit, no problems...what's the issue with using a car?

however i dont start the car, just turn all the electrics on and that's enough juice to jump it off.
                        Glad you got it started. As mentioned, you CAN use a car to jump it with no worries. Just never with the car running.
                        Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                        That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
                          Glad you got it started. As mentioned, you CAN use a car to jump it with no worries. Just never with the car running.
                          Correct ... still not the best idea. Can cause major damage to the wire harness, sensors, and ecu.

Comment

Correct ... still not the best idea. Can cause major damage to the wire harness, sensors, and ecu.
                            true... better safe than sorry. I have done it more times that I care to remember. Glad I got smart and got me a battery tender.
                            Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                            That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Now I see why you were being so adamant at the range. When I said I used my car to jump the bike, I guess I should have said "I used the car battery, with the car off."

Comment

Working...
                              X