new to 2 wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to 2 wheels

whats up guys. well I am now one of yall and have a bike of my own. I picked up this 06 katana a few weeks ago. Still learning and enjoying it. it may not be the fastest thing like you guys on gsxr's and R6's but i am enjoying it. Got to start some where.

008 by oreos_stang3, on Flickr
    039 by oreos_stang3, on Flickr
    038 by oreos_stang3, on Flickr
    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

1. Wear gear
    2. Scan ahead and pay attention for dumbass people
    3. Don't ride beyond your skill level
    4. Check bike before every ride

Be safe brother.
    2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

nice choice...i would rape the shit out of that kat.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that Katana...I've heard they are very comfy bikes. Who cares if it will keep up with a GSXR or CBR...I promise it can go plenty fast enough to either A. get you in a lot of trouble, B. get you killed, C. provide you with years of enjoyment. Nice color too. Wear gear ALWAYS. Accept the fact and ASSUME EVERYONE around you is trying to kill you while not paying attention, texting on their phone, reading a book, putting on makeup, eating or drinking, being an asshole, or any combination of the above. ALWAYS ride aware of what is going on around you and leave yourself an escape route. NEVER assume that the car beside you, behind you, in front of you, at the intersection in front of you, or coming toward you.....can see you.

Comment

Thanx guys. Gear I will always wear. Buddy of mine got clipped in the front wheel by a car. Of course the car didn't stop. He went down. He lived and was just fine but no gloves so I saw them scrap out the crap out if his hands. Painful looking. I was told having a katana is I am the red headed step child of sports bikes. Oh well. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
            I was told having a katana is I am the red headed step child of sports bikes. Oh well. Lol
            Do you like the bike?

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              Do you like the bike?
              Oh yeah for sure. Being new to the world figure it would be a good one to start with. I got a hell of a deal. Craig list. I didn't want a brand new bike cause I am not dumb. It's not a matter of if I go down but when. Of course I would never want it to happen but I know enough guys who ride and they say it will happen no matter how careful u are. So I figure don't need a brand new bike getting torn up. Tell u what though. Had to replace front tire cause had a nail in it when I bought it. Which was a bargaining chip to which I got some money off on it to now I picked up a nail in the rear. God bless my luck. Lol. Oh well

Comment

Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
                Oh yeah for sure. Being new to the world figure it would be a good one to start with. I got a hell of a deal. Craig list. I didn't want a brand new bike cause I am not dumb. It's not a matter of if I go down but when. Of course I would never want it to happen but I know enough guys who ride and they say it will happen no matter how careful u are. So I figure don't need a brand new bike getting torn up. Tell u what though. Had to replace front tire cause had a nail in it when I bought it. Which was a bargaining chip to which I got some money off on it to now I picked up a nail in the rear. God bless my luck. Lol. Oh well
                If you like it then FUCK what anyone else says. I always tell everyone that same "its not a matter of if but when scenario" story but I do know people who have yet to drop their streetbike. Hopefully it'll be a simple matter of dropping it in a parking lot..or pulling it into the garage thing (I've been riding my Blackbird since 2003 and put the first dent in the gas tank about a month ago pulling it into the garage when it slipped off the kickstand and fell over). Just be careful and NEVER NEVER NEVER let your guard down....thats when shit happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  If you like it then FUCK what anyone else says. I always tell everyone that same "its not a matter of if but when scenario" story but I do know people who have yet to drop their streetbike. Hopefully it'll be a simple matter of dropping it in a parking lot..or pulling it into the garage thing (I've been riding my Blackbird since 2003 and put the first dent in the gas tank about a month ago pulling it into the garage when it slipped off the kickstand and fell over). Just be careful and NEVER NEVER NEVER let your guard down....thats when shit happens.
                  The red headed thing was from a guy at a bike shop. He just wanted to give me alittle warning. But like u said I don't give a shit what people think. I am happy with it. That is for damn sure

Comment

Working...
                  X