opinions (supermoto)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions (supermoto)

I sold my crf450r a while ago. Since then I've been looking for another one, modded to what I want. Found this one and it caught my eye.

This one is the closest I've found. I don't need to buy SM wheels/tires/big brakes, just lights/plate holders/signals/rear handbrake.

Possible plans are to make it street legal and roll the shit out of it!!

Opinions??

Ded

I saw that bike on there yesterday. I would say it's a fair deal on the bike. Definitely sweet.
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Yeah its not bad, considering, if I bought one stock. They go for 1800-3000 depending on mods, hours and year and then to put almost 2gs into it at motostrano for tires/wheels/brakes and lights.

I'm just weary of buying a bike for Oklahoma, although he is going to Tyler and I could meet him on the way.
      Ded

Comment

Whats wrong with an OK bike ? If he has a clear title, you're good. There is a big pro race in Tyler in a few weeks, so he is a racer and racers usually take care of their stuff.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Its just the though of dealing with someone over that distance if something is wrong with the deal.

I guess I'll try to go meet him and be ready to ride it and run the VIN.

Any other advice?
          Ded

Comment

Run the VIN in advance
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

i dont' know , go get a bike like mine ?
              see sig. got it for 5K.
              also the way i see it is this 2007 has clearly already been raced the shit out of it. There seems like a fair chance it could just fucking explode...
              call me a negative nancy , but i wouldn't spend 4K on a supermoto bike I have to dump money into to get it street legal and I have no idea what the mechanical condition of it is.
              i know you don't have shit for chance of finding a SMR510 , but they are the shit without a doubt. Damn this thing is fun to ride!

i wish you luck in finding a supermoto. first thing i had to do was get different sprockets, it sucked not being to cruise about 75 or so.
              i may run my 15 tooth occasionally
              the 1.6g gas tanks gets a bit annoying too.

Comment

if those tires weren't fresh there is no way i would buy that bike.

Comment

That'd be a very fun bike to own, but in my opinion, that's a $3k bike. Just cause of the race history and the fact that it's not currently streetable.

You'll wanna swap out the titanium valves for steel for durability, or so I've heard. The kick-start would be a detractor for me too, and no kickstand, right?

There were a couple of them at ROC and they looked fun. The guys on the DRZ's were killing it too though.

Comment

i may be wrong, but i do not think you can take an ORV from oklahoma and make it street legal in texas.

i would check with the dps on that.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
                      i may be wrong, but i do not think you can take an ORV from oklahoma and make it street legal in texas.

i would check with the dps on that.
                      I believe that you can, so long as it hasn't been previously registered/titled as an ORV. But if it has, I think you're screwed. I'm betting this race bike hasn't been.

Comment

Comment

^ thats a nice bike, but for some reason I'm set on a crf. It's because I owned one and really liked it. Dumb, I know! I'd prob really like that bike too.

Plus I still have some parts left over from my old 450.
                          Ded

Comment

Non modded can be found in abundance on Craigslist. There are quite a few in dfw.

Comment

Yeah, I've been seeing them for $1500-$4000. Then almost another $1500-$2000 for some excel wheels, some tires, front fender, brakes, sprockets, lights/signals and all the registration and legalities.

That may be the route I'll be taking.
                              Ded

Comment

Working...
                              X