Yamaha YZ426F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha YZ426F

Been riding sportbikes since 99' up until about a year ago. Now kind of interested in a 4 wheeler or dirtbike. No plans of racing at all, too old.

Anyone ever own a 00 YZ426F. If so could I get some pro's and con's and are they high maintenance?

Thanks a bunch!
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

kingjason in 3...2...
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

good bikes if taken care of, decompression lever and kicking tends to be a problem for people, but once you learn the routine its easy.

Comment

I have owned a coupld of them and yes they are good bikes with the proper maint. Be aware though if the carb gets just a little dirty that whole decompression lever will be the death of you or your leg. You can buy them really cheap also and then throw the 450 cam in them and throw away that lever. It will run a little better and no weird starting procedure. If it is maintained and cheap I would say go for it.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I've got a 99 yz400f, I still run the decomp lever and aside from being a heavy bike I have no real complaints. I primarily trail ride with it.

Comment

If it's clean and maintained it's a good bike to get started on. The thing about older 4 strokes is if it's clapped it's not worth messing with unless it's nearly free. By the time you dump the money into rebuilding the bike you could have bought something newer. If you do get it I would get the 450 exhaust cam, or a set of hot cams right off the bat. The manual decompression thing isn't bad, but it's a hassle, and you can't bump start it without the auto decompression cam.

Comment

Working...
            X