Vulcan 2000cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vulcan 2000cc

Possible trade option. I loved my kaw Nomad and alwaysthought those big twin 2053cc Vulcans had to be a blast to ride. Someone has offered up his 2005 Vulcan 2000 blue in color with pipes and detach windshield. Has 38k miles. Any issues here? I don't know how to gauge motorcycle mileage like a car. 38k sounds like low miles for 6 years old. Anyone owned one of these bikes?

I had a 06 1600 Vulcan I bought new and it was a great bike. Now it was a tad heavy and the 2000 weighs a bit more so figure that in. I think it is more of an over the road cruiser vs a daily but ehhh it would prob work. I think a 1300 VTX would be your best bet and you can get really nice ones for about 5k or so.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

True, but 1300s and there tank seam kill it for me! Why didn't they just roll that seam inside... Looks like a cheap bike. Nit picking I know! Plus, theyre carbed... Unless u get those vt1300 stateline, saber, or interstate. All 3 are badass

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
        True, but 1300s and there tank seam kill it for me! Why didn't they just roll that seam inside... Looks like a cheap bike. Nit picking I know! Plus, theyre carbed... Unless u get those vt1300 stateline, saber, or interstate. All 3 are badass
        I know you are angry at carb's and all but I have never had an issue with a carbed bike that wasnt a two stroke. LOL My current 96 HD is the last year of the carb on the Electra's and runs perfect and has never been touched. I have actually had a number of trade offers from owners of fuel injected newer bikes. The only difference is the warm up and drive off but really you should let one warm up anyways before you scream off. Kawasaki makes some good bikes though.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          I know you are angry at carb's and all but I have never had an issue with a carbed bike that wasnt a two stroke. LOL My current 96 HD is the last year of the carb on the Electra's and runs perfect and has never been touched. I have actually had a number of trade offers from owners of fuel injected newer bikes. The only difference is the warm up and drive off but really you should let one warm up anyways before you scream off. Kawasaki makes some good bikes though.

I get ya. I'd becool with an older HD even if it's carbed. I was just saying that a VTX in the late 2000's shoulda been efi. I'd trade the truck for a clean 90's HD. As for this Vulcan, is 38k too many miles? That's what I wonder about.

Comment

Working...
          X