Will shifting ruin boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will shifting ruin boots?

I just got this nice pair of shark skin boots when I went to Mexico. I"m still trying to break them in. I"m just curious if the shifting on a bike will ruin the top of the boot. What do you guys think? Have ya'll ever riden with boots that aren't motorcycle boots such as cowboy boots?

Yes

Comment

Yeah it will fuck them up pretty quick. That's why a lot of riding boots have an extra piece of leather where the boot hits the shifter.

Comment

Cool. That means no boots tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Memo View Post
          Cool. That means no boobs tonight.
          fixed
          sharkskin boots = panty droppers

Comment

Dam mexicans and their boot. I would like to see someone riding in shark skin boots. I use to ride in my work boots but I had aftermarket rear sets. It didn't mess up my boots it would only mark them up with alunimum.

Comment

Originally posted by Memo View Post
              I just got this nice pair of shark skin boots when I went to Mexico. I"m still trying to break them in. I"m just curious if the shifting on a bike will ruin the top of the boot. What do you guys think? Have ya'll ever riden with boots that aren't motorcycle boots such as cowboy boots?
              All you need good sir is a heal toe shifter on your bike. Once you ride a bike with this fantastic feature you will realize what you have been missing all these years.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

In a pinch I'll use a sock

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                  In a pinch I'll use a sock
                  Flip flops and socks ftw.

I rode with my Dr. Marten work boots 75 percent of the time and they held up well. I usually preferred them or a nice leather alternative. Sharkskin would probably not fair as well.

Comment

If its a crotch rocket, they make shifter covers. Basically a molded fabric that covers the shifter to avoid the black staining power of those damned shifters. As for cruisers (Jason's right on the money), those heel shifters are a godsend. Got em on my drifter and previous cruisers and love em.

Comment

maybe i'm just weird but i have never been a fan of the heel/toe shifters on cruisers... i have put a few hundred miles on my dads softail crossbones and it just annoys me and gets in the way. every time i ride it i try to use the heel/toe but always end up using just the toe end. i wear black shoes/boots so the leaving the mark part never bothered me much

Comment

Working...
                      X