Trials bikes locally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trials bikes locally?

Any place to find trials bikes locally? Seem pretty hard to find, especially down here, been looking for a 125/250/270 either GasGas, Beta or Sherco to start playing around with, but hadnt had much luck.

Only think I can find locally are some older 300/350s, might be a little much for a starter

Not a whole lot out there, but here's a couple of links that I found. Trials riding is cool as fuck, I wish I had the skill for it!

Maybe I could talk you into getting a 450 or a 250-300 2 stroke trail bike and hit the trails with us?

Comment

Thanks for the links! I came across those the other day too, but from the looks of their site they hadnt been updated in a while, lol. Not sure if thats a sign of how hard they are to find or what... Way more popular up on the far east and west coasts from what it seems like.

Id be down for a ride if I can find a bike and get some practice on it, found a pretty decent deal on a GasGas JT350 on CL, but I didnt want to go too big on a starter bike, not sure if it matters on those though since theyre all so similar in weight. At least I can fart around on it in the backyard for some fun instead of having to load up and take it somewhere.

Comment

SMS sells gas gas i think.

Comment

The purpose of the North Texas Trials Association is to promote the sport of MotoTrials in the DFW Metroplex. The NTTA is a group of motorcycle enthusiasts that all share a passion for MotoTrials and other off-road motosports.

maybe.

they scheduled to be at bulcher in january
          http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

I bet some of the dealers will crate and ship to your door, but that could get pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
              I bet some of the dealers will crate and ship to your door, but that could get pricey.
              i am betting that if he was to get a dirt bike/quad of some kind and went to an event, that tere would be one for sale there.

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                i am betting that if he was to get a dirt bike/quad of some kind and went to an event, that tere would be one for sale there.
                Yep. I think I saw one or two for sale the last time I was at RRMT while they were having a trials event (I think you were there to?)

Comment

Yep. I think I saw one or two for sale the last time I was at RRMT while they were having a trials event (I think you were there to?)
                  yep, those guys have skillz. OG stunters.

Comment

Yeah they arent cheap, but I guess thats the price you pay since theyre rare...

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                    I got a quad I need to get rid of to get one of these things

Good idea on hitting up the events, doesnt seem like alot of the guys post on forums, being OGs and all, lol....

Comment

Picked this thing up, should be fun to play around on

Comment

Fuckin sweet!! That think looks like a shit-ton of fun! What size is it? 125cc?

Comment

Fuckin sweet!! That think looks like a shit-ton of fun! What size is it? 125cc?
                          It is so far just putted around this afternoon on it, gotta go buy some decent boots and get to practicing, lol.
                          Its a JT35, 327cc

Comment

Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                            It is so far just putted around this afternoon on it, gotta go buy some decent boots and get to practicing, lol.
                            Its a JT35, 327cc
                            Dang, I''l get that thing is a blast! You should set up a course in your backyard.

Comment

What does something like that tip the scales at?

Comment

Working...
                              X