Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super moto deal i spotted on CL

not bad deal , and low miles man!!!!

the 610's are known to be better if you're a heavier rider. This has got to be a an excellant all around bike. My 510 is lighter but it lacks on the power a bit.
    The 610's are better for maint too, from what i've read. Basically the 510's are more race specific.

saw that a few days ago...bitch is bad

Comment

Very nice bike...I wish I had that money laying around. If it were $4k, it'd be in my garage.

For you sportbike guys that haven't tried a motard yet....you gotta do it. I haven't started my 954 in months. MYy heavy, underpowered turd of a DRZ is still 10x more fun right now.

Comment

I bet they would be fun as hell stop light to stop light... how are they at highway speeds?

Comment

this particular 610smr or the ktm690smc would have no trouble cruising 75 effortlessly on the highway...bolt-ons, pc, and gearing it up a bit and youd be able to cruise 85 without a doubt imo

edit:while still retaining good power
          Last edited by dsrtuckteezy; 04-08-2012, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Those bikes are a ton of fun

2004 Suzuki DL650
            1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
              this particular 610smr or the ktm690smc would have no trouble cruising 75 effortlessly on the highway...bolt-ons, pc, and gearing it up a bit and youd be able to cruise 85 without a doubt imo

edit:while still retaining good power
              EXACTLY

my 510SMR has no problem on the freeway. BUT I had to regear first.
              16/39 sprockets, so much much taller than normal.
              Now I can cruise 70-80 easily.
              But its at 5000RPM so it's still way up there, not good for long rides on the freeway (like there is fuel for that anyway)

any ways the 610 is a more realistic street bike than the 510 is IMO.
              It only weighs a hair more too, so you aren't giving up much at all if anything.
              The 510 is amazing stop light to stop light, but kind of lame on the top end like freeway. 610 is the ultimate compromise super moto IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                EXACTLY

my 510SMR has no problem on the freeway. BUT I had to regear first.
                16/39 sprockets, so much much taller than normal.
                Now I can cruise 70-80 easily.
                But its at 5000RPM so it's still way up there, not good for long rides on the freeway (like there is fuel for that anyway)

any ways the 610 is a more realistic street bike than the 510 is IMO.
                It only weighs a hair more too, so you aren't giving up much at all if anything.
                The 510 is amazing stop light to stop light, but kind of lame on the top end like freeway. 610 is the ultimate compromise super moto IMO.
                I've wanted a 610 for a long time

Comment

there is some awesome 610 video of a guy riding it in front of the cameraman around a ton of switchbacks and traffic.
                  its pretty amazing video in it's own right. guy is pulliing from the cameraman like constantly, no chance to catch up !
                  sorry don't have a you tube link though.

Comment

2 Chronicles 7:14
                    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Hell I'd probably trade my Gixxer for one of those.

---
                      I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fm2yhk
                      2007 R1 Lots of mods-sold, 2006 GSXR 1000

Comment

Working...
                      X