Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

23 year old woman dies while test driving a moped...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 year old woman dies while test driving a moped...

Sad. No mention as to if she was wearing a helmet, but from what I gather I would lean towards she was not.

A Dallas woman died when she collided with a tractor-trailer while test-driving a moped in Lakewood on Tuesday.

Megan E. Margolies, 23, was turning northbound onto Abrams Road about 5:30 p.m. when a witness said she lost control of the moped while making a wide right turn, said Senior Cpl. Sherri Jeffrey, a Dallas police spokesman.

Margolies slammed into the trailer of a big rig and died at the scene, police said.

No other people were involved, and no charges were filed.

On Sunday, Margolies tweeted about her eagerly awaited scooter purchase:

that sucks!!!! R.I.P.
    Ded

Comment

If you cant ride a bike please take the motorcycle safety coarse before even shopping.

Rip to the girl.

Comment

For some reason, some people think a scooter is safer than a bike. Never figured out why they would think that. It's just an under-powered motorcycle.

Comment

I had the pleasure of knowing her. She was a very sweet person, very sad and tragic that this happened.

Comment

was it a dealership or an individual
            http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Pretty sure a dealership, theres a scooter dealership nearby on upper greenville ave. I dont know details beyond what i've read.

Comment

If she was test riding she probably had a helmet I don't know of any dealer that let's you test ride without one.

Comment

i cant fathom a dealer letting somebody take one out with no helmet. do you know if she had a Class M?
                  http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

The DFW area is NOT the place to ride a scooter, hell even a fullsize bike is still downright scary from morons that dont pay attention while driving. I almost get hit every damn day by idiots not paying attention and im in a big/loud truck. Watched some girl in my work complex that obviously JUST bought a scooter almost get hit turning into the parking lot from her not used to riding a scooter. Just not worth risking your life saving a few bucks on gas, not around here

RIP

Comment

sad

Comment

That is very sad. The street is no place to ride ANY motorized 2 wheeler for a first time. I would love to see some laws written that REQUIRE any motorcycle/scooter dealer to give a basic operation class to anyone purchasing a new OR used vehicle before they are allowed to get on it and ride away. This happens a lot more than is publicized...but usually its some 18 year old kid buying a 600cc crotch rocket. A friend of mine totalled a brand new CBR600 F2 at D&S Honda in Arlington without leaving their parking lot back in the early 90's and was himself seriously injured.

Comment

Never will understand the urge to try and save the planet at the expense of your life...
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

I believe to test ride a motorcycle at a dealer you must have an M endorsement. I'm not sure if that pertains to a scooter though.

RIP to her :/

Comment

from what i have gathered she was not buying it from a dealer. also my friend who drove by shortly after the accident said there were about 4 or 5 other scooters at the scene that were not wrecked and all the riders were sitting on the curb, most with their heads in their hands

i did not know her but i ran into about 5 people that did know her, freakishly small world indeed.

rest in peace Megan

Comment

Working...
                              X