Exhaust options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust options

I picked up a 2003 SuperHawk 996 a couple days ago and would like to replace this exhaust. A previous owner turned it into a 2 into 1 exhaust and put on a cheap slip on muffler. At some point the baffle was removed leaving a megaphone tip.

I have repacked the baffle and put it back together, but the holes that were put into the baffle leave a whistling sound and the tone is not very pleasing.

Are there any full exhaust options to put on these bikes? I prefer a 2 into 1, but I haven't found anything other than custom exhaust setups.

I still have all of the original pieces and have thought about cutting down one of the stock mufflers to put in place of this slip on.
    Last edited by Snatch Napkin; 04-21-2012, 01:24 PM.

i'd just buy a new can or cut down the stock one...real easy.

doesnt appear that anyone makes a header for the superhawk. a high mount devil or hindle can would be pretty nice..

Comment

no one cares if no pics

Comment

They go woo woo
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334864299.885622.jpg

There you go. I have no idea what it will look like under that header wrap

Comment

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334864543.904368.jpg

This is when I picked it up.

Comment

Very nice
              Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

would be a cool streetfighter...the half fairing on the vtr and sv looks not so cool imo..

scrap the front fairing, get a nice single headlight with some renthals and a pair of nice levers, ditch the rear turn signals for an integrated taillight, a nice high mount single exhaust, and maybe powder coat the wheels (i know a guy) and youre in business

Comment

If this thing weren't so clean, then I would already be chopping on it.

Rest assured that if it gets any kind of serious scratch or fairing damage that it will become a bit of a street fighter.

I'm absolutely loving this torque. The first owner changed out the sprockets for more top end, and I believe it complimented the torque curve very nicely.

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that I want to find the M4 full exhaust for my SuperHawk.

If anyone hears of someone willing to part with theirs, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                    X